N/S? - Buffalo Bills Release Nick Barnett (1 Viewer)

Wilson too? Bring them both in, I always thought they were both solid players.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I was told I'll be released today by the Buffalo Bills. Thanks to all the great Fans and friends I have met in Western New York.. It was</p>&mdash; NickBarnett (@NickBarnett) <a href="https://twitter.com/NickBarnett/status/301039612426592257">February 11, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Wow! This guy had two really solid years in Buffalo in the 3-4 and the 4-3. He was good with the Packers but had trouble staying healthy his last year with them before being released. Man, the 3-4 market is starting to open up and we'll be able to fill some gaps with some vets for cap friendly salaries. I wouldn't mind us bringing this guy in and letting him compete for the ILB spot. He's a really good solid player who could help us.

the guy certainly did not have two solid years in buffalo. :jpshakehead:

he had a good first, and last year was AWFUL. i dont know if he was playing hurt, or just hit the wall but he was the worst LB in a LB unit that might have been worst in the league.

great guy, but not a great player any longer.

Wilson being released means there is no chance for Byrd to get to free agency. He will either be franchised or sign a long term contract, but we could not afford him anyway.

Wilson too? Bring them both in, I always thought they were both solid players.

wilson also struggled mightily last year but id like him more.

2 guys on the wrong side of 30 in steep decline though.

would be a good SILB backup for Lofton. Only problem with that is that he doens't play special teams and the other potential backup to that spot is Will Herring and he does.

For some reason Wilson fell off the map and lost snaps last year but was still productive when he played

he blew several plays in the run game (watch the titans game as one that comes to mind) where he just totally missed assignments and guys housed it.

he had two different games this season alone where in the last minute or so passes hit him in the numbers, he dropped them and then the other team scored the game winning touchdown just after.

hes a good guy. love his story (im born and raised in upstate NY and follow the team close). getting the chance to swap to Safety from WR couldnt have happened to a better dude and he made the most of it, but he is not the answer. he was working his way to the bench for a reason though.

the guy certainly did not have two solid years in buffalo. :jpshakehead:

he had a good first, and last year was AWFUL. i dont know if he was playing hurt, or just hit the wall but he was the worst LB in a LB unit that might have been worst in the league.

great guy, but not a great player any longer.
I disagree. I think his play was up and down at times but he certainly didn't have a bad year. To be honest, that whole defense didn't play well at times. Not sure you can blame it on one player. Barnett is a good LBer and he can be good depth for us and compete for a spot. With a stressed out cap, these are the types of moves we'll have to look at. My only question is will he fit into what Ryan is trying to do.

would be a good SILB backup for Lofton. Only problem with that is that he doens't play special teams and the other potential backup to that spot is Will Herring and he does.
If I recall correctly, he's a weakside backer in the 3-4, not a strongside guy.

Why go after Barnett at any price when we already have Vilma? Same player in essence.
Don't know about that. Vilma sucked in a 3-4 when he was good healthy and relatively young. Barnett did quite well in the scheme. I'd surely not want vilma back, at any price, it'd be a dollar too many. But barnett..as a reserve, if he's really cheap, why not?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom