N/S Cam Newton Playing Pickup Games (1 Viewer)

bradman1965

Redacted
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but when it comes to Cam Newton and trying to revamp his crybaby image...INRATS.

I don't hate Newton. I did when he first joined the league, but over time he has matured a little and I've grown to appreciate his ability and his willingness to connect with fans (especially kids). He definitely acts like a clown at times and isn't even in the same league as other franchise QBs in terms of being a 'statesman'. When he's legitimately kind-hearted or funny or simply good at playing football I'll give him a tip of the cap. When he sucks, I'm gonna make fun of him. :)

Human beings are complex. It makes it harder to paint with a broad brush, but it's the truer picture of things.

I hate Newton because he is a sore loser, went to two schools that I despise (Florida and Auburn), now plays for the team I despise the most, and has been a difference maker for said teams. He has performed well on the field, does seem to be a decent guy towards kids, and avoids many of the off field pitfalls that capture young athletes.

I'll treat him the same way I did Steve Young. I hate him and wish only bad things to happen to him on the football field. Once he's retired, I will be happy to give him his due as a player and person.

But until that day, I hope he has crabs.

I don't hate him, but despite the wealth of talent, I'm glad he's not our quarterback.

There's more to the position than just your own net productivity, and he has always struck me as a complete front-runner.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they're just 3-6 (and 1-4 in one-score games) since he failed to dive for that fumble in the Super Bowl. IIRC, if we win Thursday they'll be the first team ever to go 16-0 or 15-1 in the regular season and then win fewer than 10 (might even be 11) games the following year.

My biggest problem is that when he wins he brags and dances and talks about it and when he loses he acts like a spoiled baby. I'm not a Richard Sherman fan, but at least when he loses you see him on the field smiling and shaking hands. If you're going to be a loud mouth when you win, you should at least be able to take it when you lose.

if I was a kid at school and cam showed up on my playground to play football, there is only one correct move...

Attachments

• nfl_play_60_kid_1.jpg
    nfl_play_60_kid_1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 398
I went from disliking him to not being able to stand him when he took that Packer Fan's $500 sign and destroyed it. Any normal person would go to jail or somethin. But nah his fans loved it. The sulking sore losing, dabbing, dancing, cockiness, and trash talking is all just icing on the hate cake

Hate is a strong emotion. I dislike him due to being on a division rival team. But I don't literally hate his entire existence. I don't really understand that kind of animosity. Outside of football he does good things for the community and hasn't gotten into troubles like some other athletes. But on game day he is the enemy :)

Cam Newton is the kind of player that I loathe when he is playing against my team but if he was on my team, I'd love him. The guy does not get in trouble off the field, he is amazing with the NFL fans that matter: kids, he's an amazing talent and he seems to have his head screwed on straight.

Now, he is young and needs to learn to lose with grace. Losing killed Vince Young (he won his whole life and didn't know how to lose so, he ended up losing it all) so I hope he will mature in that area.

And as much as I hate this response to why he dances and Superman's in the end zone, he is right: "You don't like it? Stop me from getting in there then."

But on game day, I can't stand him.....

He gloats when he makes a good play even when they're losing and pouts after a loss.

He represents the entitled athlete and all that is wrong with professional athletes.

Delete this thread

What does this guy want? He wants to have fun, but not anyone else? He wants everyone to have fun, but not as much as him? Does he want a monopoly on fun in the NFL?

Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton says NFL needs more fun, celebrations

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton doesn't know why ratings have been down in the NFL this season, but he knows what he'd like to see more of: players having fun and celebrating.

The NFL MVP says the league has to understand that allowing players to express themselves is good for the game.

"I really can't talk on their ratings," Newton said on Tuesday as he prepared for a Thursday night game against the Atlanta Falcons. "But in some way, shape, form or fashion, we are entertainers. Our influence ranks second to none at this time of the year."

He gloats when he makes a good play even when they're losing and pouts after a loss.

He represents the entitled athlete and all that is wrong with professional athletes.

Delete this thread

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

mFOP3.jpg

Which is sort of the point of the thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom