N/S Cardinals Fire OC Mike McCoy (1 Viewer)

He was criminally misusing David Johnson.

It seems pretty straightforward if you're the OC for the Cardinals. Hand if off to David Johnson and then throw the ball to David Johnson. The guy saw 120 targets year before last. He's had 30 through 7 games this season.

Their O Line must be beyond bad because Johnson only has one game with over 100 yards from scrimmage.

Sure didn't take long for the team to fall off a cliff after Bruce Arias left the team

I know nobody cares but my fantasy team is ecstatic about this news. David Johnson has crippled my strategy for the season

Didn't they just hire wilks this offseason? I just dont see him fired this soon. Other coaches and staff sure.

I think they'll wait until after the season is over for that, as it will be easier for the organization to absorb the hit of firing a coach after one season if it's wrapped up in a complete housecleaning.

The Cardinals have serious problems on both sides of the ball. They would be better off to just tank the rest of the year and go for a high draft pick.

Second straight year that he's been fired midseason. Not a good look on his resume.

it's worked for him before... maybe he's just a step ahead in finding a way to be an OC in the NFL

MOTcUbF.jpg

Sure didn't take long for the team to fall off a cliff after Bruce Arias left the team

To be fair here, they had problems even with Bruce Arians.

The 2014 team was a fluke beating up on an easy schedule. They started out 9-1 and did not play a single elite QB at all during that stretch except for the one who beat them in the ground; Manning in Denver whom dropped 40 points on them. When they finally faced a real team, they got their teeth kicked in. By the time Palmer got injured, it wouldn't have mattered. They weren't getting past Seattle that year for the division. They had to play good teams in that last stretch to finish 11-5 and then go into the playoffs and put up one of the most underwhelming offensive performances vs Carolina.

The 2015 team is the one that really drove me nuts on Arians. They went 13-3 and looked like legit SB contenders behind Palmer having the best year of his career....until week 17 when Arians' macho man act backfired. He elected to play his starters in a meaningless game after they wrapped up the #2 seed. Seattle ended up humiliating them in that exhibition game and practically exposed their offense. One of the hottest teams in the league went into the playoffs with a home game vs a mediocre Packers team whom they mauled in the regular season, yet they needed OT to beat this team in the playoffs and whatever juice they had in the regular season was clearly dried up. A week later, we all know how it ended when they finally faced a real team that could score points on them.

I know we love talking about the AFC East and NFC North on here, but the NFC West is a bad division too. Even this year, the Rams are benefiting from the division being a dumpster fire of awful teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom