N/S Cards release S Adrian Wilson (1 Viewer)

Very, very interesting. He's 33 and has lost a step but he could roll outta bed and be the best safety on our team.

The Cardinals took him out of Nickel Packages. Not a good sign if we're worried about our coverage.

if we're going after older Safety's, I'd prefer Ed Reed.

He is Harper Lite and is outshined by Harper in almost every meaningful statistical category. Nothing to see here.

Wow. All of these secondary releases and such....honestly it doesn't give guys like Harper a bargaining chip imo to refuse a restructure. I want to keep Harper, but with all of these players being released, sure does make the mind wander of what some players would look like in Black & Gold should we find money.

He is Harper Lite and is outshined by Harper in almost every meaningful statistical category. Nothing to see here.

Harper Lite?! :smilielol:

So what you're saying is Adrian Wilson is a poor man's Roman Harper? Roman Harper isn't even a poor man's Roman Harper. I have a hard time believing there is a safety in the league that is worse than Harper in coverage.

Wilson has been one of the most underrated players in the NFL for the last decade. He was never an elite player against the pass but always a very good safety, hard hitter and played disciplined.

I wouldn't want to bring him in, he is basically an older version of Roman Harper. He wouldn't upgrade our pass defense and we already have a good strong safety in the run support.

Harper Lite?! :smilielol:

So what you're saying is Adrian Wilson is a poor man's Roman Harper? Roman Harper isn't even a poor man's Roman Harper. I have a hard time believing there is a safety in the league that is worse than Harper in coverage.

hahahahahahaha...

But on a serious note, most of the older/veteran SS's arent great in coverage and are looked at as more of the "in-the-box' type. Its the younger guys that are coming into the league that are more over tweeners who can cover and play the run.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom