N/S Carnell Williams injury (per Rotoworld) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
pixel.gif

The Orlando Sentinal reports that there are "quiet" concerns within the Buccaneers' organization that Carnell Williams' career is over.

Again, it's still speculation, but Williams has an uphill battle as he attempts to recover from a torn patellar tendon in his right knee. The paper calls his chances at being on the field for Week 1 a "longshot," but notes that we'll have a better idea when the team's offseason conditioning program starts next week.

That would be a pretty big blow for them Williams is a special talent whenever he is on the field.

Link to the Orlando Sentinel
(Didn't realize it was a blog until I went to it myself so take it with a grain of salt)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_football_buccaneer/2008/03/where-does-cadi.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
He looked real good his rookie year and those injuries really killed him. Do you have a link to the actual article by any chance?

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
Reaction score
Tough luck for Carnell and the Bucs......Very unfortunate to see a talent like him have terrible luck with injuries....

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I hope he is healthy, I would like nothing more than to see Cadillac line up in the backfield against us instead of Graham.

Cadillac has not only had injury problems but he has never really been a productive back save for the first three games his rookie year when he broke a couple long runs to make him much better than he actually was. He has a career 3.8 ypc average with only 10 career rushing TD's. He is highly overrated even without the injury concerns.

With that said I hate seeing injuries in the NFL, especially when they threaten careers.

TideSaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's true. I live in Tampa and this seems to be the sentiment from everyone. I believe Gruden even hinted at it and he is supposedly very high on Cadillac. There are Bucs radio programs every afternoon and they interview different players. You get the feeling from listening to them that he is done.

obwhiteo

Proudly wearing my dress!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tha "Lac" was my favorite college RB at Auburn and i would hate to see his career be over, i dont care if he plays for a division rival or not, he was an absolute beast as a War Eagle....

Pickz

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I hope he is healthy, I would like nothing more than to see Cadillac line up in the backfield against us instead of Graham.

:smilielol: Who in they right mind would rather have Cadallac line up in the backfield instead of Graham... You gotta be kidding me right? Are you serious? Thats a joke... Hopefully! :smilielol:

Professor

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Yep, when I heard originally it was the patellar tendon, I knew it might threaten his career. Sad. He had a ton of talent. Most take two years at least to recover from this.

dat dam dog

Hall-of-Famer
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
:smilielol: Who in they right mind would rather have Cadallac line up in the backfield instead of Graham... You gotta be kidding me right? Are you serious? Thats a joke... Hopefully! :smilielol:

LOL!

bclemms is a worse commedian than I am.

Stay on your toes if he responds.

ddd

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom