N/S- Carolina QB next year. (1 Viewer)

"Kolb was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 2nd Round (36th Overall) of the 2007 NFL Draft. He signed a 4-year contract with the team on July 25, 2007.<sup>"</sup>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Kolb

Kolb isn't going anywhere.

Before this season I would've said they may trade him, but with Vick being a whole bunch of nothing and almost certainly gone at the end of this season and Kolb having proven himself with two games, I think they'll hold on to him unless they get an unreal offer. And I honestly don't think the Kitties have anything to offer them.

Even if they somehow manage to get a half decent QB, who is going to catch the ball for him? Outside of Smith, who gets constant double coverage, they have absolutely nobody. They have no 1st round pick, so again, they will have to spend big $$ in free agency to get someone to throw and some to catch. Man, the Panthers really dug themselves into a hole....and I am loving watching it all unfold!!!

Kolb won't be available. Being familiar with Vick, and being as how they run first, and only need someone who can buy some time and throw it up to Steve Smith....I wouldn't rule out Michael Vick in Carolina next year...not for a second. If they can outbid Washington.

I would think Tyler Thigpin would be a good fit -- I dont think he was that bad in Kansas City -- it was more of the team then him

I can't imagine them even looking at anyone, but Young or Vick off that list. Hasselback and Garard aren't going anywhere.

There a chance that both Seattle and Jacksonville might draft QB's in the 1st round next year. Seattle more likely to issue with Hasselbeck health and the Jaguars could draft Tim Tebow to sell tickets so Garrard who I think is underrated and has never played with a WR like Smith and with the Williams/Stewat combo could make the Panthers a pretty good offense next season.

Also McNabb is younger then Payton and only a year old then Brady, So I still think he has a few more years left before the Eagles replace him. Kolb could be on the trade block since next year will be in his last year of his contract.

I actually would like to see them draft a second round QB, Somebody like Tony Pike Ryan Mallet, Jevan Snead, etc.

With their running game, they just need someone to protect the ball and find a way to get some better recievers. IMO, a number of players off that list would be a big improvement over Delhomme.

I still can't believe they gave him that extension this past offseason.

I still think Leinart could be a good fit for some team. ARZ. puts a lot of pressure on their QB's to get the ball downfield....something Leinart's not great at. But in a ball control offense like Carolina, I think Leinart could do well.

Here's how I see it..

Al Davis finally kicks the bucket this year. There is some question as to 'how' it happens, but nobody in Oakland is interested enough to actually investigate it.

New ownership takes over and immediately cleans house, canceling contracts left and right, waiving, releasing, hiring, firing... And guess who makes it to the open market?

The Panties go for broke and get the biggest upgrade they could have gotten in Jamarcus Russell. Unbelievably, the only thing they have to give up for him is a box of Oreos and a dozen John Fox bobbleheads.

Russell actually performs with his new team, and leads the Panties to a Division championship game loss against the Saints in 2010.

I assume you meant performs well, in which case that was a funny joke.

jake locker qb and bill cowher as the coach

I think Locker is projected as a no. 1 pick, so he would likely be out of reach for them. Given their history, I could, however, see them keeping Feely or signing another free agent QB on his level and drafting a late round QB, such as Max Hall.

I don't think Fox will be fired one year removed from a 12 win season (assuming they finish with about 6-8 wins).

As long as they don't finagle a way to get Jake Locker, I'll be happy. I don't want to see them with a much better Jake.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom