N/S Carpenter's wife message for Richard Sherman (1 Viewer)

whether you agree or disagree the writer on PFT seems to also suggest the same thing. IJS. I'm easing up on it but it's not hard to fathom how that could actually come off as a bit distasteful

I'll go with distasteful.

As much as I love my bride, if I'm in that situation, I'd strongly request that she refrain from publicly defending me. Let outsiders and the media have at it, instead.

People call Sherman a thug for the things he says but her comment is far worse than anything he's done.

was waiting on someone to post this. Blatantly racist. calling a black man an animal and then threatening to castrate him?

Disgusting

edit: I wont say for sure if she is racist but that comes off incredibly bad no matter how you slice it..no pun intended
edit: ok its a little funny

Remember when the word "racist" actually meant something and wasn't just some meaningless ******** term that got trotted out at every little thing?

Ah yes, another black person called an animal. You're naïve if you think if Sherman was white, he'd be called an animal.

People call Sherman a thug for the things he says but her comment is far worse than anything he's done.

:plus-un2:

Even the PFT author sees it:

Even during an election season which has challenged our national civility, it’s the most distasteful thing I’ve seen in weeks. Calling a black man an animal and threatening to remove the male part of his anatomy is so blatantly racist and straight out of the Jim Crow era that it’s hard to imagine it will remain in her timeline for long.

Ah yes, another person of color called an animal. You're naïve if you think if Sherman was white, he'd be called an animal.

:plus-un2:

I'm white and I've been called an animal, and worse. :shrug:

All kinds of people get called animals. Heck, I've told my kids many times to stop acting like animals.

I'm white and I've been called an animal, and worse. :shrug:

All kinds of people get called animals. Heck, I've told my kids many times to stop acting like animals.

Good for you. This goes beyond your life though. We have a societal issue that unfortunately you may not be able to understand.

PFT author...somehow that makes him an authority? Lmao

Who said that? Straw man much?

I was merely pointing out that people in this thread that are offended aren't just talking out of their rear. Sorry you can't understand that and sorry for not conforming to what you tell me I and other people should or shouldn't be offended by.

was waiting on someone to post this. Blatantly racist. calling a black man an animal and then threatening to castrate him?

Disgusting

edit: I wont say for sure if she is racist but that comes off incredibly bad no matter how you slice it..no pun intended

EJW: I feel for your sensitivity on the race issue. We have so far to go as a people in our country. Many people of non-color do not realize how systemic racism still is in our country.

I may have missed something, but I didn't see her use "black or color." She sounds like a wife who wants to kill the SOB who she feels went after her husband when he was vulnerable. Actualy sounds like a typical good wife defending her husband.

I know the board hates Richard Sherman, but I don't. He is amazing athlete, extremely intelligent and very aggressive. If he was a Saint, I think I could get to like him real quick. I loved Sharper and he was a savage hitter.

Disgusting

Racist? Damn SENSITIVE.

Good for you. This goes beyond your life though. We have a societal issue that unfortunately you may not be able to understand.

Who said that? Straw man much?

I was merely pointing out that people in this thread that are offended aren't just talking out of their rear. Sorry you can't understand that and sorry for not conforming to what you tell me I and other people should or shouldn't be offended by.

Well, if being thin skinned suits you, by all means. Personally, I think it's a non-issue in her post. Now, if she has a history of racism and this is an extension of that, then it would make it pretty terrible, but I tend to think she was defending her husband.

And just because the PFT author has an opinion on it doesn't mean it's a credible one.

Remember when the word "racist" actually meant something and wasn't just some meaningless ******** term that got trotted out at every little thing?

while I admit I was a bit jumpy with the use suggesting that a lot of the issues we are facing today as "any little thing" gets u no points with me. I prefer swimmers response.

Regards

Anyone else that wants to go hard in the paint do realize i eased up all in the same post so it was a high strung reaction and then i came to my senses. Yet to anyone pretending like it couldn't be interpreted that way go impregnate yourself.

Well, if being thin skinned suits you, by all means. Personally, I think it's a non-issue in her post. Now, if she has a history of racism and this is an extension of that, then it would make it pretty terrible, but I tend to think she was defending her opinion.

And just because the PFT author has an opinion on it doesn't mean it's a credible one.

So immature.

Someone disagrees with you or your stance = act immature and/or insult them. Kind of reminds me of someone else constantly on my TV today.

I'm really getting tired of a segment of society telling others what they should or shouldn't be offended by when they have never walked in their shoes.

1ds6x2.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom