N/S Carpenter's wife message for Richard Sherman (1 Viewer)

while I admit I was a bit jumpy with the use suggesting that a lot of the issues we are facing today as "any little thing" gets u no points with me. I prefer swimmers response.

Regards

Anyone else that wants to go hard in the paint do realize i eased up all in the same post so it was a high strung reaction and then i came to my senses. Yet to anyone pretending like it couldn't be interpreted that way go impregnate yourself.

Lol, I like the impregnate yourself comment. :9: We all have our days. I've overreacted more times than I care to admit. I've said stuff I regret sometimes. You're a bigger man for admitting it. Good for you. It's all good. :)

whether you agree or disagree the writer on PFT seems to also suggest the same thing. IJS. I'm easing up on it but it's not hard to fathom how that could actually come off as a bit distasteful

Distasteful...Yes. But throwing around the "racist" word just because the man happens to be black and was called a name by someone else?....Please.. I label this as a "person who can dished it out but can't take it". Everyone calls everyone something. Don't necessary means it racist.

So immature.

Someone disagrees with you or your stance = act immature and/or insult them. Kind of reminds me of someone else constantly on my TV today.

This is a losing battle. It's not that I have a problem with people insisting it wasn't racist..I caught myself as well. It's the people acting like it couldn't be and being insensitive to how it could be interpreted.

I suggest letting it go you won't win. I've said my peace and don't expect it to get any better

This is a losing battle. It's not that I have a problem with people insisting it wasn't racist..I caught myself as well. It's the people acting like it couldn't be and being insensitive to how it could be interpreted.

I suggest letting it go you won't win. I've said my peace and don't expect it to get any better

Agreed...moving along.

Ah yes, another black person called an animal. You're naïve if you think if Sherman was white, he'd be called an animal.

:plus-un2:

You said people are naive if they disagreed. Ok then.

So immature.

Someone disagrees with you or your stance = act immature and/or insult them. Kind of reminds me of someone else constantly on my TV today.

I'm really getting tired of a segment of society telling others what they should or shouldn't be offended by when they have never walked in their shoes.

I'm not telling anyone, much less you, how you should think. But if you express an opinion here, you should expect that others will challenge that opinion. Don't act all shocked when it happens. :shrug:

The problem I see is automatic reaction to saying it's racist without knowing the intent of the author. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt regarding motives. I've never met Sherman, and I've never met Carpenter's wife, but knowing how defensive my wife is with me, I can see how she might say something similar.

It could be her intent was racist, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't add up yet.

I'm not telling anyone, much less you, how you should think. But if you express an opinion here, you should expect that others will challenge that opinion. Don't act all shocked when it happens. :shrug:

Challenge, yes. Insult, no.

That's immaturity.

Who said I was "shocked" about being challenged. You've really gotten good at this straw man thing and oh look, its earned you all the nice little green thumbs you're looking for. Keep'em coming.

The problem I see is automatic reaction to saying it's racist without knowing the intent of the author. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt regarding motives. I've never met Sherman, and I've never met Carpenter's wife, but knowing how defensive my wife is with me, I can see how she might say something similar.

It could be her intent was racist, but as far as I can tell, it doesn't add up yet.

I don't know for sure if her intent was racist either. My only point is that a black man being called an animal is a buzzword for some people. It may not be blatant racism, it could possibly be subconscious.

My only issue is this, obviously many black people are offended by her words, who are you to tell them that they're not allowed to be or to insult them if they feel a certain way?

Challenge, yes. Insult, no.

That's immaturity.

Who said I was "shocked" about being challenged. You've really gotten good at this straw man thing and oh look, its earned you all the nice little green thumbs you're looking for. Keep'em coming.

Lol, you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself, I suggest you quit while you're ahead.

was waiting on someone to post this. Blatantly racist. calling a black man an animal and then threatening to castrate him?

Disgusting

edit: I wont say for sure if she is racist but that comes off incredibly bad no matter how you slice it..no pun intended
edit: ok its a little funny
somebody that is black says it's racist because the lady was white....no,that's not being racist there...nah

I don't know for sure if her intent was racist either. My only point is that a black man being called an animal is a buzzword for some people. It may not be blatant racism, it could possibly be subconscious.

My only issue is this, obviously many black people are offended by her words, who are you to tell them that they're not allowed to be or to insult them if they feel a certain way?

Well, I'll let black people answer that. I really don't know what most of them would say in response to that. Again, I'm not telling anyone what to think. I'm just saying what I see from my POV. It doesn't seem racist to me, and I tend to think most black people would agree with that. Just calling someone an animal doesn't mean a whole lot without context.

This is getting a bit more contentious than it needs to be, so let's all take a step back please.

I think we can all agree that this was a stupid thing for her to post, and she is doing her husband no favors by interjecting her frustration into his career.

As to how it can be taken, well I feel that we're all smart enough to understand that different life experiences will yield interpretations of her chosen phrasing. And I hope we can leave it there.

So immature.

I'm really getting tired of a segment of society telling others what they should or shouldn't be offended by when they have never walked in their shoes.

what if she was black and he was white and he was called an animal? would it be ok if i thought she was being racist? if i was offended would i get the same treatment?

Since Bob didn't step in I'll go ahead and say it. I'll need pictures to tell you if she is a racist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom