N/S - Carroll hints injuries will force Chancellor, Avril into retirement (1 Viewer)

fdl16

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That, plus the fact that Carroll insists on keeping his god-awful OC after years of terrible football means the hawks are gonna crash and burn next year. Their offense never does anything until late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

He’s like the pre-2017 Payton in that way - overly loyal to assistants who should have been replaced a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Saints 4 life

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
That, plus the fact that Carroll insists on keeping his god-awful OC after years of terrible football means the hawks are gonna crash and burn next year. Their offense never does anything until late 3rd/early 4th quarter.

He’s like the pre-2017 Payton in that way - overly loyal to assistants who should have been replaced a while ago.

Yep.Their glory years are behind them.

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I predicted before the season that Seattle was going to struggle based upon seeing them the last two season after that Super Bowl game with New England. There were too much tension with players, coaches and egos in that locker room. Everyone wants to be the alpha dog. Their playoff games were blow outs and this year players were criticizing each other. Just last week, Earl Thomas, after a win, followed Jason Garrett to Dallas's locker room to tell him to sign him if he is available. What players, in the middle of trying to make the playoffs, do that? That team will not be a contender for a long time. They need to rebuild and rid of most of their star players.

B-Train

The West Bank's Favorite Son
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The fans will jump ship, too. If they haven't already. Also, Bennett said he probably won't be back next year with the team.

I live in the Seattle area and trust me the whole “12th man” thing is such a fad here and has been basically since 2012 when they rebranded and subsequently won the Super Bowl.

I don’t think the majority of people here even realized that not making the playoffs was actually something that could happen. It’s pretty solemn around here.

renegadewa

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The fans will jump ship, too. If they haven't already. Also, Bennett said he probably won't be back next year with the team.

Yeah and he'll probably wind up In Atlanta. He made it no secret that he wanted to reunite with Dan Quin last year but couldn't do it because of his contract.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
They are going to lose every major player on that defense except Wagner, and even he may leave.

Plus they lose probably lose Graham, who is their entire redzone offense. It's not going to be pretty in Seattle.

OP
OP
Saints 4 life

Saints 4 life

⚜ Falcons Suck ⚜
Reaction score
They are going to lose every major player on that defense except Wagner, and even he may leave.

Plus they lose probably lose Graham, who is their entire redzone offense. It's not going to be pretty in Seattle.

hawks.png

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Sadly Daryl Bevell owned our defenses for a few years, but I guess that's not saying much.

BooBirdSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Seattle knows that they are in serious rebuilding mode. The Rams are young and stacked and San Fran has 61 million in cap space for 2018. It is gonna be a tough few years for the Seachickens in the NFC West.

MSUSousaphone

Owning the CONCACAF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I always thought they were mirroring our mistakes a little too much. Trading Unger and a pick for Graham.....sacrificing the OL for a high priced pass catcher. Even had Jimmy worked out that OL just turned too shaky.

RazorSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They came away with Wagner, Irvin, Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, Okung, Golden Tate, KJ Wright, and Russ Wilson in the 2010, 2011, and 2012 drafts, along with good role players like Byron Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Jeremy Lane, and Sweezy. The writing was on the wall once those guys started commanding top 3 money at their positions. It didn't help that Seattle's subsequent drafts have been abysmal, and that they traded first round picks for Graham and Harvin.

DABOOT162

LURKER
Reaction score
If they lose Avril, Chancellor, Bennett, Jimmy.... Seattle will be starting over. Wilson always gives them a sluggers chance to win, but my goodness... thats a lot of people to lose. I dont feel sorry for them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom