N/S Carson Palmer's at it again (1 Viewer)

LtAldoRaine

So you're Aldo the Apache
Reaction score
Tried to make title "Carson Palmer would play elsewhere for less money" but it was a smidge too long.

Report: Carson Palmer would rather play for less elsewhere than take paycut with Raiders | ProFootballTalk

Palmer hasn’t been receptive to the Raiders requests to restructure his contract for a third time since coming over in a trade with the Cincinnati Bengals in 2011. The Raiders will have to pay Palmer $13 million for next season if he remains on the roster if Palmer continues to scoff at the team’s requests. Now, according to Mike Silver of Yahoo! Sports, Palmer may prefer to leave Oakland altogether even if it’s in favor of less money and playing time elsewhere.

The Carson Palmer experience is going about as poorly as everyone but the Raiders expected. I'm not one to take the side of management in the NFL too often, but this guy's got some issues. Say he goes to the Cardinals (throwing a random team out there), how confident can you possibly be that he won't throw another hissy fit to get out of dodge? It seems like nothing is ever his fault.

“He’s gotten to play a lot in his career, but he hasn’t gotten to experience a lot of winning. At this point, I think being somewhere where they have a chance to win is the most important thing.”

At what point does the above quote come back on him? Quarterback is one of the most important positions on the field. Obviously he's not getting it done. If I'm a GM / coach / owner he's way more trouble than he's worth.

He's not a bad QB (maybe moreso now that age is starting to catch up with him). He's been on some really bad teams. I personally don't blame him for wanting to win before he retires.

He's been on decent teams. He's not now, nor has he ever really been that good. It's his choice to play for what he signed for or go where he feels he wants to go, but to say he wants to go where he can win is a catch 22 because the odds of him winning there decrease the moment he signs.

Big arm doesn't make you a good QB.

I remember the early when he was considered better than Brees. He did have early success. The Bengals were smart to cut bait and build around Dalton.

I remember the early when he was considered better than Brees. He did have early success. The Bengals were smart to cut bait and build around Dalton.

Yea I remember those days too. For the first 4 years of his career he was pretty solid on a not-so-good Bengals team.

And then there was this:

carson-palmer-quitter-jersey.jpg

I've always liked Palmer, and still do. I was actually kind of happy for Oakland when they picked him up, but I guess he isn't happy. I say this because I was thinking he would turn Oakland's fortunes around for the best. Palmer still has it in him. Yeah he is one heck of a turnover machine but the dude is not a bad QB by a long shot, and is heck of a lot better then half the QB's starting for these other teams. Palmer to Fitzjerald doesn't sound that bad though.

i knew this was an awful trade when it first happened. loool suckers!

At one time when you talked about the big three it was Manning Brady Palmer.

The Bengals had a good shot at the super bowl one year, and then Palmers knee got destroyed in the post season. He's never been the same since...

I'd normally call a player selfish for the way he is acting, but hey, he's playing for the Raiders, why should he take a pay cut? :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom