N/S Cedric Benson's revenge on the Bears (with assist by Jay Cutler) (1 Viewer)

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score
Benson ran for a career-high 189 yards and a touchdown against the team that let him go, and Carson Palmer threw five touchdown passes — four during Cincinnati's dominant first half — in a shocking 45-10 victory Sunday that will go down as one of the worst days in Bears history.
The focus was on Benson, who was Chicago's top draft pick in 2005 but couldn't crack the starting lineup for long or earn a spot in some of his teammates' hearts. They let him go after two stormy years, and the Bengals signed him last season.
Carrying a grudge, he played like a No. 1 pick.

Cutler got a two-year extension last week through the 2013 season, an extra $20 million guaranteed as a sign of the Bears' faith. In his first game since the show of confidence, Cutler threw three interceptions, fumbled two snaps and finished 26 of 37 for 251 yards.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-10-25-bears-bengals_N.htm

*sniff*

I love a story with a happy ending. :smilielol:

not only bensons revenge, but keith brooking's revenge against atlanta... ;)

I am completely shocked at Benson's production this year. I all honesty, it is about time that he starts playing like a 1st rounder. He did absolutely nothing in Chicago. He did not produce and he bad mouthed Thomas Jones ( who was very respected by all of the Bears players). I would have let him go as well. Good for him that he good revenge, but I can care less about him.

I've been thinking Colts and Saints in Super Bowl, but maybe it's Cincy? Who knows? What would the national media say then? I couldn't take 2 weeks of Ocho Stinko.

I'm so sick about hearing about this "revenge" thing. I'm no Bears fan, but the Bears did the right thing in letting Benson go. He under-performed on the field and was a distraction off of it. The Bears did the only thing they could do.

Now, I'm all about second chances -- I'm really happy to see Benson doing so well in Cincy. But, the media needs to stop with all of the damn story lines! Let history decide what games are worthy of stories. We don't need the media's "Plastic Drama". There is plenty of real drama in a football game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom