N/S-Chad Kelly barred from NFL combine (1 Viewer)

Seems a bit heavy-handed considering it was in 2014 and he's 'done his time'. Young people make dumber than usual mistakes. :idunno:

Just hope he can live and learn that is all you have to do.

Seems a bit heavy-handed considering it was in 2014 and he's 'done his time'. Young people make dumber than usual mistakes. :idunno:

It's really tragic the standard we hold 18-19 year olds when they're collegiate athletes. Almost unsustainable tbh. If the limelight was on me everyday when I was 18, I probably wouldn't have the job I have. Putting a damper on the livelihood of a maturing person for those reasons is too harsh.

So he did something in 2014 and the charges were dropped. The NFL gives him an invitation, but then recinds it. WTF?

Also, why is Cam Robinson invited?

OMG, the NFL continues to knee-jerk react and get it all wrong AGAIN! I am no fan of Chad. I wanted to be. But the kid's had multiple lives and a foot in the door because of Uncle Jim, and he still has some maturing to do. I have doubts about his ability to move on to the NFL, but I think he's worked hard and has proven he deserves the chance.

If this was something current, then by all means, I'd say he's burned all his bridges. But I see no good reason to bar him from the combine. Frankly, I think it's more disruptive and controversial to keep him away than it is to let him participate. His presence isn't going to cause any kind of uproar whatsoever.

Seriously, this seems purely punitive at this point and unwarranted. He already has paid for the mistakes that got him dismissed from Clemson and had to revive his career at Ole Miss and he hasn't really been a problem since, has he?

I'd like to hear Mia Khalifa's thoughts.

I'm scared to link her twitter as I feel it would lead to a T.O.S. violation, but here is what she tweeted... :hihi:

"He wasn't invited in my DM's either, so he'll prob show up to the combine drunk asking Gruden if he wants to FaceTime" - Mia Khalifa, 8:38 AM - 15 Feb 2017

The stupidity of "zero tolerance" type rules continues to be proven, yet it is still the default first reaction by way too many organizations when confronted with a controversial issue. I just don't get it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom