N/S Chargers stadium voted down by tax payers (1 Viewer)

Higher

Very Banned
Reaction score
Chargers may be headed to LA maybel

The people in San Diego voted down a bill that would have funded a new stadium. That vote could be headed to LA. Do you think LA will support two teams when they have struggled to support one?

Yeah. CBS wants thier own LA team. And while I was there for the Saints game, it felt like the team was preparing to leave for the last few years.

When I was there for the Saints game, the mood about the team apathetic at best. Most have had a feeling that the team will move.

Voters resoundingly reject San Diego Chargers stadium plan

For the bill to pass it needed a 2/3 majority 66.3% and all it got was 42%. Looks like the odds the Charges move just went up.

Bad news for the fans of the Chargers, especially if they lose their team.

But great for the people of San Diego. Stand up to these bully billionaires who hold taxpayers hostage so the owners can get richer without forking their own money over!

But great for the people of San Diego. Stand up to these bully billionaires who hold taxpayers hostage so the owners can get richer without forking their own money over!

I think I love my team too much to let them walk.

I submit.

Now watch. They'll move to Los Angeles and a few years down the line they'll win a SB :hihi:

I'm sure Spanos was going to use some of his money

Good for them. Doesn't make sense for everyone to have to foot the bill for some people's hobby (even if its all of our hobby :hihi:)

While Dean Spanos's post-election statement says they won't make any decisions until after year, there's some indication that the league still prefers to keep the team in San Diego if they can--maybe so they can continue to use the possibility of a second team at the new Rams stadium to threaten other recalcitrant cities in the future.

So we may see additional efforts to finance a new stadium in Mission Valley, where they play now. But it will be tough--after many years of deficient ownership, the fan base is pretty lethargic.

Meanwhile, San Francisco-based sportswriter Ray Ratto is writing that the Chargers might consider Las Vegas, further complicating the discussions about the Raiders moving there.

Spanked by voters, Spanos should target MV - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Defeated hotel tax further complicates matters for Chargers, Raiders | CSN Bay Area

I would've been stunned if it would've passed. California is known for not giving sweetheart deals to business in general and no way are taxpayers footing the bill for a stadium. I doubt Oakland gets theirs either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom