N/S Charles Woodson cut [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

I may be wrong, but doesn't a "cut" player have to clear waivers before being an outright free agent?

No...waivers only applies to players with less than 4 accurred seasons OR if a player gets released during the season after the trade deadline. Woodson, once cut, will be an immediate unrestricted free agent.

apparently 9 Million reasons. I'm all for trying to bring him in. Everyone keeps complaining about MJ, Harper, Robinson, Greer, White, and Patrick but yet are against brining in competion. Yes Woodson is older but he still plays great, and hasn't shown signs of slowing down. Is he our future at DB? Well NO. But given our current state on defense, the fact that he's played in a 3-4 defense for a few years now, and he is still a play maker I'm all for it so long as he doesn't try to over price himself. Plus maybe he could teach our younger guys like MJ, Robinson, White, IAQ, Bush etc a few things like Sharper did.

Hasn't showed signs of slowing down? The packers didnt even offer him a reduced salary. He can't cover any more and is a step too slow

If we sign him to a vet minimum, he would only be charged 550k against the cap, + whatever signing bonus. Make it happen,.

Another offseason of some ppl waiting saints to sign every player cut, no matter how old they may be or non effective

Another offseason of some ppl waiting saints to sign every player cut, no matter how old they may be or non effective

LOL, you gotta love it bro! It's the off season baby! :hihi:

I welcome this. Especially after the last 2 off seasons where I felt like I was in law school.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom