N/S Chip Kelly brings Alabama’s offensive line coach to Philadelphia (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
His OLines at Bama have been very good lately but was it his coaching or the talent or both? He has no NFL experience so it should be interesting how he does. I wonder if we should have given him a chance since we need a new o line coach too.

Three Alabama offensive linemen — guard Chance Warmack, tackle D.J. Fluker and center Barrett Jones — are among the best prospects at their respective positions in April’s NFL draft. It will be interesting to see whether the Eagles draft any of them. Warmack is such an elite prospect that he could be a candidate to go to the Eagles in the first round with the fourth overall pick, while Fluker and Jones could both be second-day targets for the Eagles.

Chip Kelly brings Alabama

I think this is what Kelly needs. He has a system that is working in the NFL right now, he just has no idea how to get his o-line blocking for it. Stoutland does know NFL o-line talent, and the Eagles could go and draft all three of those Bama prospects and nobody would call them homer picks, or complain as philly's o-line is horrid.

It's a win/win.

Do you guys think his holding scheme translates to the NFL effectively?

I think this is what Kelly needs. He has a system that is working in the NFL right now, he just has no idea how to get his o-line blocking for it. Stoutland does know NFL o-line talent, and the Eagles could go and draft all three of those Bama prospects and nobody would call them homer picks, or complain as philly's o-line is horrid.

It's a win/win.
As bad as the Eagles' line played this year, they can open a good bit of cap space by just drafting those Bama lineman and releasing who they currently have. They can't really do any worse.

As bad as the Eagles' line played this year, they can open a good bit of cap space by just drafting those Bama lineman and releasing who they currently have. They can't really do any worse.

Not sure I agree there. The Eagles lost LT Jason Peters before the season, and their next best two OL (Kelce and Herremans) were also down for the year pretty early.

If we had lost Evans, Grubbs and Bushrod, even with an adaptable QB like Brees, it would have been a disaster. You just can't take a team's 3 top OL out and expect anything other than a massive dropoff.

This new staff will probably look like heroes next year, if all they do is show up and the team's OL health reverts to the mean.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom