N/S: Chris Ivory (5.1 ypc average) pegged as frontrunner for Jets starting RB (1 Viewer)

I think it was a given that Ivory would be considered their best back. He's an awesome runner. Just a shame that his running style plays him out of the game every year.

I hope Ivory does well, but that the Jets still stink.

My opinion on Ivory is the same. Hard injury prone runner. I am not upset that he left. I wish people would just let him move on and stop bringing him up.

My opinion on Ivory is the same. Hard injury prone runner. I am not upset that he left. I wish people would just let him move on and stop bringing him up.

Really? So you think Chris Ivory should not be a topic of conversation on a Saints message board? Ooooook, best of luck w/that & all. :9:

Really? So you think Chris Ivory should not be a topic of conversation on a Saints message board? Ooooook, best of luck w/that & all. :9:

Yea, ya know, maybe we should talk about current Saints players. Talk about him in the locker room.

Cant believe we let IV get away. Thats crazy!!!:idunno: Hope Cadet can fill those shoes.
Ivory will do very well in N.Y.

Regardless of my high level of trust for the front office, it makes me sick to think that we let this guy get away.

I wish we still had him and sent Ingram to the Jets. But then again, we probably wouldn't have gotten a 4th round pick for Ingram. He owned the Falcons that game in the dome.

You guys can all cry about it, but if he had stayed healthy maybe one season, he would still be here. He's only spent half his career on the field.

Ingram (2 years) 26 games
Ivory (3 year) 24 games

You guys can all cry about it, but if he had stayed healthy maybe one season, he would still be here. He's only spent half his career on the field.

Ingram (2 years) 26 games
Ivory (3 year) 24 games

Or if he could be effective in the passing game he might still be here.. But only 2 receptions in 3 years just aint gonna cut it in our pass first offense. It seems that the Ivory fans are not gonna give up on this Ingram vs Ivory debate. The only solution is for them to go be Jets fans :idunno:

Further proof that it was Joe Vitt and not Ivory that gave a spark to our running game:

Without Joe Vitt, our runningbacks (combined) averaged this per game:

20 carries for 76 yards. 3.7 ypc average.

With Joe Vitt, our runningbacks (combined) averaged this per game:

25 carries for 115 yards. 4.6 ypc average

Mark Ingram:

Without Vitt: 44 carries 127 yards. 2.9 ypc average

With Vitt: 112 carries 475 yards. 4.2 ypc average

Pierre Thomas

Without Vitt: 50 carries 214 yards. 4.3 ypc average

With Vitt: 55 carries 259 yards. 4.7 ypc average

So there you have it. Our running game got better because of Vitt. Not because of Ivory. /end thread
Do you mean that when vitt returned, kroner got to spend his time coaching o line and coordinating the running game?

Do you mean that when vitt returned, kroner got to spend his time coaching o line and coordinating the running game?

Yes, but also Vitt came in and was upset that we weren't running the ball enough. So he made sure we stayed focused on running the ball.

I wish him all the best with the Jets as well but all he did was to go to north Dallas.

If the Jets weren't a 3 ring circus I might say he went to a good team.

And it's if................and it's a monstrously big IF he can stay on the field long enough to be effective!!

Yes, but also Vitt came in and was upset that we weren't running the ball enough. So he made sure we stayed focused on running the ball.

When your running game coordinator is acting head coach. The running game is going tosuffer. Its as simple as that.

When your running game coordinator is acting head coach. The running game is going tosuffer. Its as simple as that.

i agree, thats why i said we got better when Vitt came back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom