N/S: Chris Ivory (5.1 ypc average) pegged as frontrunner for Jets starting RB (1 Viewer)

Yeah! Ivory totally sucks!! Ingram is way better! Screw you if you don't support Ingram. He's a member of the Saints and that's all that matters. Who cares if he can't bust a 10 yard run to save his life? It's not his fault. We just don't give him enough carries. Gotta get the "big man" who goes down after first contact the rock more often so he can establish a rhythm! Go be a Jets fan all you people who think Ivory is better just because he does way more with fewer opportunities. It's the NFL and we're talking about the running back position. If you look up the definition of a "running back," it says their sole purpose is to pass protect and catch passes out of the backfield, contrary to what the name implies. Ingram is a better running back according to this definition so everyone who thinks Ivory is better just doesn't know football.

Yeah! Ivory totally sucks!! Ingram is way better! Screw you if you don't support Ingram. He's a member of the Saints and that's all that matters. Who cares if he can't bust a 10 yard run to save his life? It's not his fault. We just don't give him enough carries. Gotta get the "big man" who goes down after first contact the rock more often so he can establish a rhythm! Go be a Jets fan all you people who think Ivory is better just because he does way more with fewer opportunities. It's the NFL and we're talking about the running back position. If you look up the definition of a "running back," it says their sole purpose is to pass protect and catch passes out of the backfield, contrary to what the name implies. Ingram is a better running back according to this definition so everyone who thinks Ivory is better just doesn't know football.

:hihi:
I can see it now...
tumblr_mo37qjEual1rt28efo1_500.gif

For those in the camp of crediting his production to Vitt, what do your eyes tell you? The only negative I see is that his career longevity will be lower due to his punishing style of running. As of now, he's 25 and healthy at the moment. Injuries, or the lack thereof, will always be a combination of luck, conditioning, and genetics. Every play can be your last and that holds true for every player. There are players currently on the roster who have been here for years and are reliable, but can't shake the injury bug: Colston, Lance Moore, (and to a lesser extent) Jimmy Graham all come to mind. I'm not suggesting we should have locked him down to a five year contract, but why not simply keep him and increase his carries and just see if he keeps up his YPC average. Production is production. I trust my eyes. The man runs with heart and authority, and he was the best combination of strength and speed, moreso than any running back currently on our roster.

For those in the camp of crediting his production to Vitt, what do your eyes tell you? The only negative I see is that his career longevity will be lower due to his punishing style of running. As of now, he's 25 and healthy at the moment. Injuries, or the lack thereof, will always be a combination of luck, conditioning, and genetics. Every play can be your last and that holds true for every player. There are players currently on the roster who have been here for years and are reliable, but can't shake the injury bug: Colston, Lance Moore, (and to a lesser extent) Jimmy Graham all come to mind. I'm not suggesting we should have locked him down to a five year contract, but why not simply keep him and increase his carries and just see if he keeps up his YPC average. Production is production. I trust my eyes. The man runs with heart and authority, and he was the best combination of strength and speed, moreso than any running back currently on our roster.
Nobody is crediting Vitt for Ivory's talents. Ivory is a talented rb. i am crediting Vitt for coming back from his suspension and being persistent about committing to the running game. This argument was dedicated to the people who keep insisting that Ingram suddenly got better because of Ivory. No, Ingram got better because Vitt came back and committed to the run. Ingram went from 2.9 ypc without Vitt, to 4.2 ypc with Vitt. People on here want to credit Ivory for Ingram's improvement which is ridiculous. These guys are professionals who get paid millions. If Ingram only got better because of Ivory, then our FO made a huge mistake in letting Ivory go. But Ingram DID NOT get better because of Ivory. Ingram got better because Vitt came back and allowed Kromer to be an o-line coach and running back coach again.

its funny to me how people on this board praise Loomis and Payton for everything. But when it comes to Ivory, they think they know more than Loomis and Payton. For 3 years our coaching staff consistently started Ingram over Ivory and I know why. It has been said numerous times on this board. The coaching staff does not trust Ivory in the passing game. He only had 2 receptions in 3 years. They dont trust his pass blocking either which is why our offense was predictable when Ivory was in the game. Our offense is not designed to have a runningback who is ineffective in the passing game. We are a pass first offense and we always will be as long as Brees is under center. Ivory was a bad fit. Our FO has proven time and time again that they will keep the best player on this team regardless of draft status or what school they went to.

Our FO has made only 1 mistake that I can think of. Rob Ninkovich. We let him go but shouldnt have. But i believe it was because of an injury that caused us to let him go (not completely sure). Ninkovich wasnt really even with us long enough for us to be able to see exactly what kind of player he was. Ivory is a different story though. He was with us for 3 years and he consistently got beat out by every single runningback on our roster. Yes he is a powerful runner and very fun to watch. Its easy to see how fans could fall in love with him. But the coaches know something more than the fans do. The coaches see him in practice every day. The coaches have proven that they will keep and start their best players no matter what. Well, the coaches believed that Ivory was the 4th best rb on this team, and i have no reason not to believe in them, other than that one mistake, Rob Ninkovich. I am willing to give our coaches the benefit of the doubt and trust them. They have not failed us.

This season this Ivory/Ingram debate will finally be over with because Ivory will not do very good with the Jets. He will show why our coaching staff consistently made him a 4th stringer. As much as it hurts you Ivory fans to hear these facts, it doesnt change the fact that they are facts. So by continuing to say Ivory is better than Ingram, all you are doing is insulting our coaching staff.

The same coaching staff who cut a 4th rounder (Pittman) and kept a UDFA (Thomas)

The same coaching staff who went all in on a 7th rounder from Hofstra.

The same coaching staff who continues to find diamonds in the rough, from small schools, and who continue to choose those guys over big name, big school talents.

Its not about me hating on Ivory, its about me trusting the coaching staff because they have proven to be pretty damn good at evaluating talent and keeping the right guys on the team. So for all of the people who are upset about letting Ivory go, most of which are simply just LSU fans who hate Bama, just remember that you are not insulting Ingram by thinking this way. You are insulting a coaching staff who has PROVEN time and time again that they know what the hell they are doing.

jrdbrn said:
Yea, ya know, maybe we should talk about current Saints players. Talk about him in the locker room.

Well at least we still have Thomas and Sproles. Between the two of them we may be able to muster up a productive running game.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

I also trust the staff and FO. They've made lotsa great moves to help the team, which is why we are one of the best teams in the NFL....and a SB Champion!

BUT that doesnt mean they haven't make mistakes. They have.

I agree with RFA 2. I also trust my eyes. While he had his "limitations" in the pass game, CI had "the best combination of strength and speed, moreso than any running back currently on our roster." A "one trick pony", but it was a pretty good trick! And despite his limitations, the FO was still able to get a 4th rd pick for him. Better than getting nothing, for sure!

Unlike CI (and Antonio Pittman for that matter), the Saints invested HEAVILY in drafting Mark Ingram. Blame the coaching, play calls, blocking, etc all you want, but so far, he has not lived up to that. Moreover, unlike CI, as a runner, MI has yet to pass the "eye test" for me. Some say its because MI needs more touches, maybe 20-25 a game. IF thats true, and we're such a pass FIRST team, why did SP draft him in the first place?

Did he make....god forbid....a mistake???:covri:

Whatever, now we play the hand we got. That hand is Mark Ingram, and Sean Payton, who most likely made the play to move up to get him, as his coach. He'll do everything he can to "make" MI the back he drafted him to be.

And SP dont like being wrrroon....!!!! :hihi:

I don't see how it would. Seems like their lack of QB talent should provide Ivory with plenty of opportunities...way more than he would get here for damn sure. He'll have his chance to shine against us this season...hopefully we'll manage to contain him

Ditka tried this... having a running game with Billy Joes, a Shuler, and a Weurfell at QB. It did not go so well, we had a pretty good O-Line at the time too.

A one dimensional offense has enough trouble trying to get consistent yardage against quality college defense and even the best NCAA D1 defense does not hold a candle to the talent level of each and every NFL defense.

I'm sure it's been said multiple times but I'm happy for the guy and I'll be rooting for him. The problem is the Jets are so lacking in practically every skill position on offense that I hope he doesn't get injured too quickly. Because he will, it's just imminent with him.

Whatever.. The guy can't stay healthy, he doesn't catch well and was a liability blocking for Drew. Shoot, he couldn't stay healthy in college.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom