N/S Chris Ivory Hospitalized with Unknown Illness (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/09/11/jaguars-chris-ivory-hospitalized-with-undisclosed-illness/

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Chris Ivory was admitted to a hospital Sunday morning with what the team is describing as a general medical issue.

“Chris Ivory is doing well and is expected to be released from the hospital in the next day or two,” the Jaguars said in a statement. “More info will be provided at that time.”

ESPN reported that Ivory, who signed a $32-million contract with the team in March, was admitted as a precaution for an issue that was unrelated to a calf injury he had suffered last week in practice. In six seasons with New Orleans and the New York Jets, he has rushed for 4,031 yards and 24 touchdowns.

Not trying to start some ridiculous debate about running backs. Didn't see anything about this posted and just heard about it on TV. Hope they figure out what's wrong with him and he gets back on the field soon. I'll always pull for underdog former Saints wherever they go (unless playing the Saints, of course).

Yeah, I saw this on one of the pregame shows Sunday morning. People don't usually end up as hospital inpatients because of a "general medical issue", so I was and am concerned for him, and I hope it turns out to be nothing substantive.

Never stopped being an Ivory fan...............get well soon.

Didn't he have a stomach issue while he was here with us? I could be wrong just seem to remember something similar to this

Didn't he have a stomach issue while he was here with us? I could be wrong just seem to remember something similar to this

I don't remember the stomach issue but can say from my own experience with "unknown medical issues" that it's not the least bit funny when you feel like **** and doctors can't figure out what's wrong with you. It took almost 2 full years before doctors were able to find a chronic "latent unknown bacterial infection" in my blood that kept me feeling run down for half a friggin decade. They didn't know what to look for in my blood work and kept treating me for a resistant staph infection - which was also real, so it turned out. That got cleared up with the first IV treatment for the bacterial infection, but the infection itself has taken almost a year to eradicate.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Ivory right now. I'll miss seeing him play on Sundays. He really could be a key piece to that Jags team which is really on the rise, although Yeldon did fill in admirably this past weekend, IIRC. Still not as good as Ivory would be, imo.

yeah, his stomach hurt...he was sick from losing all the time.

Yeah, we were such losers from 2010-2012. The worst Saints team he played on went what...7-9 in 2012 with every other year having at least 10 wins?

ETA: Fixt because Icon has a better memory than me.

Yeah, we were such losers from 2010-2013. The worst Saints team he played on went what...7-9 in 2012 with every other year having at least 10 wins?

2010-2012 was when he was here....but yeah I was basically gonna make the same reply. The one losing season he endured was Bountygate.

could be something like an appendix issue. Pops up without warning and requires a day or 2 in the hospital after an appendectomy.

Hot off the presses:

Jaguars' Chris Ivory discharged from hospital - NFL.com

Published: Sept. 13, 2016 at 04:13 p.m EDT

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Chris Ivory has been released from the hospital after two days, the team announced Tuesday.

No timetable has been set for Ivory's return and his status for Sunday's contest versus the San Diego Chargers remains uncertain.

The Jaguars have not indicated the reason for Ivory's hospitalization.

By the way, I note that while Ivory was in the hospital, Schefter tweeted that Ivory was "in pain" but didn't say where.

Hope he recovers soon.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...nville-jaguars-emergency http://es.pn/2cyxAts

Another link about Ivory getting back to the field. Looks like he isn't going to play this week since he still isn't practicing.

Strange that they haven't said what's wrong with him in the first place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom