N/S Chris Ivory Hurt Already?? (1 Viewer)

I didn't take that way. It is what it is. We love Ivory, bc the boy can ball, when he plays. He hasn't been consistently healthy, and NYJ are about to see why we parted ways with him.

Good luck to him, but, as FLSaintsFan sarcastically put it, we are not at all shocked that he is hurt.

I, paused, every, comma.

We traded him, why would you have hard feelings toward him?

And who says I have hard feelings toward him? In a discussion board that seems to thrive on sarcastic responses, why are you surprised that there was a sarcastic response to something like this?

Look, the guy runs like a beast. I love watching him run. If the guy had finished even one year without being hurt, then I personally think he would not have been traded. Just my personal opinion. However, I am still not surprised that he is on the bike already. Like has been already posted, it's probably nothing. I hope he does well there.

Last edited:
I I'm dreading to see where the injury bug bites us next. There are-- right now-- guys on this team that are currently backups that will be starting for us soon.

The first rule about preseason injuries is . . .

He wanted a bigger role that the Saints couldn't give.
He was in a contract year.
In order to resign him without someone matching we would over pay
We signed him to a deal where we could get something in return

It had nothing to do with Ivory being injury prone, he was on his way out inevitably. Teams theses days do not have backs that can take 300+ carries. Every back is an RBC because they can't handle the load. 15 years ago 90% of the current backs in the league would be viewed as injury prone.

I didn't take that way. It is what it is. We love Ivory, bc the boy can ball, when he plays. He hasn't been consistently healthy, and NYJ are about to see why we parted ways with him.

Good luck to him, but, as FLSaintsFan sarcastically put it, we are not at all shocked that he is hurt.

Exactly my sentiment! :)

Don't use the I-word when it comes to the Saints please!!!!!!!!

He was on a stationary bike on the first day of camp. Yup, I guess he's out for the season.

In other news, my ankle was a little stiff this morning when I got out of bed. So I made an appointment with my neurologist for this afternoon.

Don't use the I-word when it comes to the Saints please!!!!!!!!

OK then can I use the B word... as in who is the backup that see's his status change to starter? Maybe the I-Word at the LB spot will be the worst of it. I hope.

Come on guys, it is just the stationary bike, not a body cast.
I look forward to him tearing up defenses (IN THE AFC)!

I've always loved Ivory's game. But his running style, and proven lack of durability, will almost never allow him to play a full season. Durability, or lack there of, is what probably made him expendable to us. It would be a minor miracle if Ivory were able to be a full go for more than 10 games. But hey, I'm rooting him all the way.

The truth is, nobody knows why <s>Marsellus tossed Tony Rocky Horror out of that window</s> Loomis and Payton traded Ivory except <s>Marsellus and Tony Rocky Horror</s> Loomis and Payton. But when you scamps get together, you're worse than a sewing circle. :ezbill:

- Mia Wallace

Whatever the ailment is, it doesn't mean it's serious. It's the start of training camp, and coaches want to keep their guys injury free and fresh for what really matters. Probably something minor that they want to heal up before he starts practicing. Only thing that matters is if today was game day, could he play and make an impact.

If he had been with them for a year or two i'd buy this. But, he needs to be on the field learning a new offense. This is probably not a good sign.

Who can the Saints rely on to be healthy? I don't see that as the reason for moving him.

Chris Ivory played in 12 games in 2010, and had 137 carries. He looked great, however had to deal with injuries, including a season ending foot injury that prevented him from playing in the post-season.

He played in only 6 games in 2011, and again only played 6 games in 2012.

What other Saints players have missed that many games through 3 seasons? I don't mean PS guys, I mean guys like Colston, Graham, Moore, Thomas, Sproles, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom