N/S Clayton from ESPN reports Halls deal with the Raiders (per rotoworld)(**merged**) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
is going to be for six years and over 50 million dollars.

ESPN's John Clayton reports the contract DeAngelo Hall is expected to sign after he's acquired by Oakland will be for six years and over $50 million.

Nnamdi Asomugha is going to want (and deserve) at least that. Asante Samuel's with the Eagles was for six years and $57.14 million. Clayton says Raiders owner Al Davis is pulling out all the stops to make this deal a reality.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

If Al Davis is able to lock up NA, then the Raiders just made out like bandits.

Look at Big Al spending some money. I guess you can't call him cheap this year. Possibly stupid (giving Javon Walker, Tommy Kelly huge deals when they are hurt) but not cheap.

Didn't Sapp retiring free up alot of cap space?

This is crazy. The Raiders' pass D is not their problem (8th overall last year) -- their run D (31st) and pass O (31st) are. Seems like Al Davis should be using the Hall money to instead improve these glaring weaknesses.

Funny thing is, the Raiders' pass D is not their problem (8th overall last year) -- their run D (31st) and pass O (31st) are the real problems. Seems like Al Davis should be using the Hall money to instead improve these glaring weaknesses. Oh well, not our problem...

:plus-un2: Hopefully Al will screw the pooch by over spending on guys this off season and allow NA to become a FA next year.

Report I heard by Clayton on ESPN earlier says they are 20mil over the Cap now and are trying to figure out how to fix it before the deadline.

Report I heard by Clayton on ESPN earlier says they are 20mil over the Cap now and are trying to figure out how to fix it before the deadline.

Al's obviously desperate to win another Superbowl before he dies...

Sounds like the Raiders to give up a first round pick for Hall. It's going to hard for Atlanta to replace Hall.

Last edited:

There will definitely be some decent players cut then.

not sure when the Deadline is but might be start of 1st preseaon game?

I really really hope we try to get NA from the Raiders! I would not be upset at all if we trade next years #1 pick for him!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom