N/S Clinton Portis placed on IR (MOD EDIT - UNCONFIRMED) (1 Viewer)

Well if the theme of the thread is how strong the Redskins will be when they face us then Gibbs has announced he's starting the third string practice squad quarterback for the rest of the year.

Not a confirmation, just a little more on the story from kffl.com

Redskins | Portis undergoes surgery; to miss a month
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:49:48 -0800

Updating previous reports, Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins RB Clinton Portis (hand) underwent surgery Monday, Nov. 13, to insert three screws to stabilize his fractured fourth metacarpal bone in his right hand. Portis, who suffered the injury during the first quarter of Week 10, is expected to miss about a month of action.

I think it's a good decision by the Redskins. Campbell is going to have it pretty rough without Portis though.

there is no confirmation on this so far!! Not from espn.com or nfl.com

This seems like confirmation to me..........

Plus ESPN was running it on their ticker last night during the football game.

***By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Already sidelined by the broken right hand that he sustained on Sunday afternoon, Washington Redskins star tailback Clinton Portis will undergo surgery on his left shoulder, ESPN.com has learned, and will finish the least productive season of his career in the least palatable manner, on injured reserve.

The Redskins officially placed Portis on injured reserve Wednesday mornng, after three league sources had confirmed on Tuesday night that the season-ending move was imminent.***

I think the thread title needs to be edited to show "confirmed".........JMO

Campbell was the 3rd string QB, he was not on the practice squad. The only reason he was 3rd was because they installed a new offense and Todd Collins was more experienced in it. They were always intending Campbell to be the starter at some point this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom