N/S: Corey Williams (DT, Packers) unlikely to re-sign... (1 Viewer)

Saints382

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
'The Packers are unlikely to re-sign free agent DL Corey Williams.'

http://rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really really hope we go after this guy. He would bring a pass-rush at DT (as well as run-stuffing ability) for us and youth as well. To get pressure on the QB we must start from the inside and then on out.

heres his stats: http://www.nfl.com/players/coreywilliams/profile?id=WIL204494

He will certainly be one of the more highly sought after DTs on the market, especially once the Titans sign or franchise Haynesworth.

While he is good, I like Kris Jenkins' brother Cullen(sp?) better. Now if the Pakers let him go, I'd really be happy.

As well as Williams performed this season, our sources believe the Packers will not be willing to break the bank on his behalf at a position at which they have already invested heavily. The fact the DT position is also considered probably the deepest position on the team could also send Williams packing. What could keep Williams around, though, is his reported willingness to offer the team a hometown discount for his services. “I love being here in Green Bay,” Williams told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel last week. “The only thing I can say about that is I just want to be treated fair. If that means I would have to take a little cut or whatever, like I said, I just want to be treated fair.”

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=61#s=61&f=1807&t=1903296

FYI: If you read the thread above, it sounds like Packer fans think Williams is a good, though not great, DT ("he isn't as good as his stats might suggest, tends to make hay against weak opponents").

Last edited:
wonder if he will give us a home town discount???
dat boy is from LA...

~~FYI: If you read the thread above, it sounds like Packer fans think Williams is a good, though not great, DT ("he isn't as good as his stats might suggest, tends to make hay against weak opponents").
i'd like a few players who make hay against weak opponents... we lost too many games we should have won, imo

14 sacks in the last 2 seasons from the DT position! The guy gets more pressure and sacks than our DE's. Sign him up.

im pretty sure he is from LA but i may be mistaken. i know there is some sort of LA link there...

im pretty sure he is from LA but i may be mistaken. i know there is some sort of LA link there...

Heck, either way Arkansas or somewhere in Louisiana is close enough for me. Hopefully it is for him as well.

we just need a decent damn DT and I dont care where he is from!!!

Corey Williams will be a difficult signing for the Saints he will command top dollar, which he deserves, and their are teams far more desperate for DT help then the Saints.

I have a feeling that Denver and Cincinnati will throw some serious money at him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom