N/S Could The Steelers Let Go Of Tomlin? (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Steelers have been the model of consistency. Three coaches in the last fifty years says it all.
But with the Steelers slow start, Antonio Brown, and Bell's holdout; could the Steelers let Tomlin go if they miss the playoffs. Or could the Steelers go the Saints/Sean Payton route where he's given a season or two to work it out?

They should, i lost a ton of respect from him when he tried to trip the player on a return. Payton gets a season for a maybe and this guy gets caught on tape. Bill rebuilt that franchise and Tomlin has been slowly unraveling it.

They should, i lost a ton of respect from him when he tried to trip the player on a return. Payton gets a season for a maybe and this guy gets caught on tape. Bill rebuilt that franchise and Tomlin has been slowly unraveling it.

Slowly unraveling? Where? They haven’t had a losing season since he got there. Sure the 3 biggest stars on their team are all going through something but that doesn’t mean they won’t end up 10-6 with another playoff berth. He’s a good coach. Hell, as long as Marvin Lewis is still kicking in Cincy the Steelers should never fire Tomlin.

Your last sentence really undermines the rest of the point you’re making

6 Division titles (including last season)
Playoffs in 8 of 11 seasons
2 Super Bowl Appearances
1 Super Bowl Title

Nah, let's not fire him. Those numbers are actually better than Sean Payton's...not that I'd trade Payton for Tomlin. Just trying to give some perspective.

Tomlin seems like one of the better coaches in the league. Who would they get who is better? I'm not sure what's going on with the players, but to be fair to Tomlin he can't extend Bell. That's the GM's problem. Big Ben is also getting older. It's hard to re-load, but Tomlin has had a good run and it'd be a big mistake to let him go without letting him at least try to right the ship

Really, Tomlin's a great coach. Who knows what he's going through with knucklehead management and players.

The Steelers have been the model of consistency. Three coaches in the last fifty years says it all.
But with the Steelers slow start, Antonio Brown, and Bell's holdout; could the Steelers let Tomlin go if they miss the playoffs. Or could the Steelers go the Saints/Sean Payton route where he's given a season or two to work it out?
Do u even watch football games besides the Saints? Fair question. Some people don't.

They should, he sucks.

Tomlin should have gotten a lifetime ban for tripping Jacoby Jones. It was a clear violation - Conduct that poses a genuine danger to the safety and well-being of another person; and Conduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.

I wish Jones would have lowered his shoulder right in to the back of Tomlin’s neck.

I’ve always liked Tomlin. He’s actually one of my favorite coaches.

If he get fired, I expect that he’ll be picked up without much issue

Not a fan, he has a ton of talent and can't win, so I can't blame them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom