N/S - Cowboys give Ken Hamlin franchis tag (1 Viewer)

BoroSaint

Bring the Wood!!!!!
Reaction score
There's still Gibril Wilson, or even Kenny Phillips. If Ellis and Mike Jenkins are gone by 10, we should get the BPA on defense, and that might be Kenny Phillips.

There's still Gibril Wilson, or even Kenny Phillips. If Ellis and Mike Jenkins are gone by 10, we should get the BPA on defense, and that might be Kenny Phillips.

Hes already top 15 in most mocks. If he runs a 4.4 or lower at the combine his stock will rise even higher. I love the Phillips pick with Lofton/Mayo in the 2nd.

I get a sense that after the combine when everyone sees the numbers Kenny Phillips is gonna put up, the board will "Circle the Wagons" and be back on the Phillips bandwagon. I heard an analyst stating that he thought the coaching change hurt Kenny and that he would be a star in the NFL. I just thought that was an interesting point. I don't care who we get this offseason, I just want DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!!!

Ken Hamlin was a free agent last year, and the Saints did not sign him (even though he visited as I recall). I'm not sure that the front office will lose sleep over his being franchised.

Yeah, we had a crack at him last year and instead went with Kaesviharn.

If we had signed Hamlin, he would have rode the bench behind Bullocks. Instead, he went to the Pro Bowl this year.:rolleyes:

I don't know. Without a good pass rush, Phillips will look just as bad a Bullocks.

I get a sense that after the combine when everyone sees the numbers Kenny Phillips is gonna put up, the board will "Circle the Wagons" and be back on the Phillips bandwagon. I heard an analyst stating that he thought the coaching change hurt Kenny and that he would be a star in the NFL. I just thought that was an interesting point. I don't care who we get this offseason, I just want DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!!!

I would love to see Phillips improve his stock to a top 10 pick. He would be just as much a temptation as McFadden for the Cowboys. Safety is one of those positions Jerry Jones believes is core to the defense.

Yeah, we had a crack at him last year and instead went with Kaesviharn.

If we had signed Hamlin, he would have rode the bench behind Bullocks. Instead, he went to the Pro Bowl this year.:rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaken, 13 Cowboys ended up at the Pro Bowl, so let's not put too much emphasis on his trip to Hawaii. My point about the front office was simply that last year they either evaluated him as a bad fit for the team or too pricey in financial terms. Neither of those factors is likely to have changed since last year, so I would not have expected him to be on the Saints' wish list.

If I'm not mistaken, 13 Cowboys ended up at the Pro Bowl, so let's not put too much emphasis on his trip to Hawaii. My point about the front office was simply that last year they either evaluated him as a bad fit for the team or too pricey in financial terms. Neither of those factors is likely to have changed since last year, so I would not have expected him to be on the Saints' wish list.

Hey I'm not disagreeing with you on the fact that he was Hawaii due to being a Cowboy. But at the same time, I'm sure his play was pretty decent...more so that we got from KK. How much more did Dallas sign Hamlin for than we signed KK for? Seems like they got a better return on their investment, that's my only point.

i think hamlins 1 year deal last season was for somewhere around $2.5mil or so..

It seems every single defensive player we need is going to be franchised. Sheesh, no one is trying to keep there Offensive players.

It seems every single defensive player we need is going to be franchised. Sheesh, no one is trying to keep there Offensive players.

Because they want to keep their defense because they know we need them, they also know we don't need their offensive players so they let them walk. Its a conspiracy I tell you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom