N/S Cowboys Looking At Urban Meyer (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why wait three games to fire Garrett?

Why wait three games to fire Garrett?

I made this same post in another thread that touched on this. Last week, or earlier this week, they were interviewing a Cowboys beat reporter about who is going to replace Garrett. He said they have Lincoln Riley as their main target but that, despite the fact that he just signed a hefty five year extension, that Sean Payton is their number two target. I thought it was just their fans that were so stupid/delusional about hiring Payton, but apparently they get it from to boobs covering their team. Why on earth would Payton leave the team he created from scratch and the lifetime job security he has to be put under a microscope in Dallas?

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the two realistic candidates they're looking at our college coaches. I don't think anyone with a decent track record in the NFL wants to be put in the position of being the head coach of the Cowboys, especially after Garrett has failed to live up to expectations despite having so much talent on that team. I bet the next coach will be on a really short leash and expected to go deep in the playoffs right away because they have so much talent - without having the control they want to shape the team in their own vision.

I've never seen a team with so much talent suck as much as the Cowboys did last night - and consistently this year - against teams .500 or better.

I made this same post in another thread that touched on this. Last week, or earlier this week, they were interviewing a Cowboys beat reporter about who is going to replace Garrett. He said they have Lincoln Riley as their main target but that, despite the fact that he just signed a hefty five year extension, that Sean Payton is their number two target. I thought it was just their fans that were so stupid/delusional about hiring Payton, but apparently they get it from to boobs covering their team. Why on earth would Payton leave the team he created from scratch and the lifetime job security he has to be put under a microscope in Dallas?

It doesn't surprise me one bit that the two realistic candidates they're looking at our college coaches. I don't think anyone with a decent track record in the NFL wants to be put in the position of being the head coach of the Cowboys, especially after Garrett has failed to live up to expectations despite having so much talent on that team. I bet the next coach will be on a really short leash and expected to go deep in the playoffs right away because they have so much talent - without having the control they want to shape the team in their own vision.

I've never seen a team with so much talent suck as much as the Cowboys did last night - and consistently this year - against teams .500 or better.
I think the Payton angle comes from the plethora of former Cowboys that have come back to the franchise.
Don’t quote me on this, but I think Payton and Ditka are the only ones to not return.

I think the Payton angle comes from the plethora of former Cowboys that have come back to the franchise.
Don’t quote me on this, but I think Payton and Ditka are the only ones to not return.
I'll bet Parcells told him to never return. And we know that if there's anyone Payton listens to, it's Bill Parcells.

Jones wants to make headlines, whether his team wins or loses does not matter as long as people are talking about his team and what he’s going to do next. That’s why he is focused on big name coaches. He should be looking at guys like Dan Campbell or Ron Rivera, but he won’t.

Jones wants to make headlines, whether his team wins or loses does not matter as long as people are talking about his team and what he’s going to do next. That’s why he is focused on big name coaches. He should be looking at guys like Dan Campbell or Ron Rivera, but he won’t.
I'd appreciate it if he stayed away from our assistant head coach. Him making these headlines is just fine with me. And it would probably lock them into another 5 years of mediocrity with wild card round playoff losses being their ceiling.

Ron Rivera should be #1 on his list. If Riverboat Ron could win with a terribly inaccurate QB in Scam, he certainly can do the same with another woefully inaccurate QB in Dak! Dak is only good, when Cowboys are winning a game with a comfortable lead.

Ron Rivera should be #1 on his list. If Riverboat Ron could win with a terribly inaccurate QB in Scam, he certainly can do the same with another woefully inaccurate QB in Dak! Dak is only good, when Cowboys are winning a game with a comfortable lead.
He's who I'd go after if I were them. He actually has won playoff games, made it to a Super Bowl, has won the division multiple times, turned Can Newton into a league MVP (who made a business decision in the Super Bowl which ultimately cost them the game - and should've had his MVP revoked because of it) and has kept that team around .500 (hell, weren't they like 5-2 at one point?) with Kyle Allen at QB this year. Carolina made a mistake in getting rid of him, but I'm glad they did. I hated him only because he was a good coach for a division opponent. How he got fired but Dan Quinn is still coaching befuddles me (even though I hope the falcons win out and that gives Blank enough faith in Quinn to give him a huge extension).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom