N/S Crabtree 2009 Yardage Over/Under (1 Viewer)

In 2009, Michael Crabtree will gain over or under 300 yards?

• Over 300 yards

Votes: 67 54.9%
  • Under 300 yards

Votes: 55 45.1%

• Total voters
It's hard to know where he stood, but based on his comments at press conferences, I suspect that he viewed the Crabtree issue as a front office/business matter that he wouldn't worry about until the player showed up. IMO.

Yea, that's what he would have to say publicly. I wasn't saying which way Singletary leaned, but you can be assured he was leaning 1 way or the other.

I say if they get him signed, he gets into the action around weeks 6-8, and gets a few catches here and there. I say something like 19 receptions for 145 yards - no touchdowns with 1 or 2 fumbles.

Little known NFL fact: No wide receiver who brought MC Hammer with him to his contract signing has ever had more than 300 yards receiving in his rookie year. I say under.

I say under...at 0. If I was Mike Singletary, I'd bench him the rest of the season. Maybe give him some special teams play. But we're winning without him, and who here doesn't think that if he gets his money he isn't going to want the ball too? So you let him pay his dues like a good little boy and ride the pine. It's not like they need him. I know it'll never happen, but lord would I love to see it. I think Singletary has the potential to change this crap in the league. Tomlin does it but not nearly as vocally.

Little known NFL fact: No wide receiver who brought MC Hammer with him to his contract signing has ever had more than 300 yards receiving in his rookie year. I say under.

Very compelling point!

I would of set the over/under @ around 340 yards so I'm gonna have to say over.

This is an easy one. I say over. The front office did not sign this guy so Singletary can bench him. It don't take no rocket surgeon to catch a ball and run real fast. The coaches will have some plays for him and they will get him the ball when they can.

300 yards is about right ... I'll guess a little below 300. I just don't see Singletary putting this guy in unless he's forced to by injuries to his other WRs. Samurai Mike will probably use him in on special teams to cover punts and kick-offs. Welcome to the NFL, Michael. To me Crabtree is a lot like Percy Harvin. He's either gonna be a super player or a total bust.

This is an easy one. I say over. The front office did not sign this guy so Singletary can bench him. It don't take no rocket surgeon to catch a ball and run real fast. The coaches will have some plays for him and they will get him the ball when they can.

Did we sign Meachem to bench him?

If Crabtree isn't ready, he won't play too much. He's got to learn the offense and get in rhythm with Hill to be able to get on the field.

Last edited:
if you include return yards, i'd say over..if not,way under

I want to say I remember seeing a statement from the 49ers that Crabtree wouldn't be punished for the holdout. I'll have to see if I can find it, but I'm pretty certain I remember seeing something to that effect.

Think Jim Brown's statement had anything to do with this?

Maybe a little, but I think more of it was Crabtree (or Parker) banking on the 49ers getting off to a lousy start and then looking to him for salvation. Instead they're 3-1 (and one Favre pass away from 4-0), basically a shoe-in to win the division, and looking like the real deal through the first quarter of the season.

At that point, they realized A) he's not going to play the savior role and has no leverage for more money and B) he'll actually be playing for a contender. So they caved and signed. Just my guess, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom