N/S Cuts from Around the League (1 Viewer)

Whisenhunt gave up on the kid (Poutasi) rather quickly.

He has good talent. Maybe their line coaches aren't worth a damn?

Poutassi's PFF Grades are not encouraging.

Ovr: 42.3
Pass: 36.5
Run: 72.3

And that's from 398 total snaps. I'd hardly call that a small sample size. These grades are only a part of the picture, but this seems like at best he might have potential to be good in a season or two. Not an immediate fix for our o-line issue.

And that's from 398 total snaps. I'd hardly call that a small sample size. These grades are only a part of the picture, but this seems like at best he might have potential to be good in a season or two. Not an immediate fix for our o-line issue.

Kruger's "grades" from last year wouldn't be encouraging, either. Neither would Jonathan Vilma's when the Jets changed schemes and he didn't "fit" anymore. Beware too much stat-worship. They don't take into account the human element.

Kruger's "grades" from last year wouldn't be encouraging, either. Neither would Jonathan Vilma's when the Jets changed schemes and he didn't "fit" anymore. Beware too much stat-worship. They don't take into account the human element.

Yes, but Kruger and Vilma proved (with stats) what they could do beforehand in the right system.

This is a young player whom has been given a chance and not played well... But everybody wants to sign him because some random person mentioned him in a tweet.

Quite honestly, he seems a bad "scheme fit" here anyway. He's a massive nearly 350 pound guy. Those guys don't always fair well in a ZBS.

I can't comment too much, since I haven't seen him play. But his grades are poor, the team that drafted him gave up on him in two years. And he (on paper) seems like a poor scheme fit here.

I'd keep looking

I don't stat worship. I understand ratings like this are only part of the picture. I even gave him the benefit of the doubt, mentioning that it sounds like he has potential. But this guy had a 37 in pass protection last season. That ranks him 110th in pass protection out of all tackles last year. I feel pretty comfortable saying I don't think he's going to do anything to alleviate our QB protection issues by week 1.

Slot CB Moore would be a great fit. If they don't love CB Finnegan.

OL Poutasi is a must have. He has had confidence problems since being moved around so much, but the talent is there.

TE/FB Dan Vitale was cut by the Bucs. He is the best route running FB I've seen. Not the most physical guy, but has home run potential as a chess piece. Sean Payton can make Dan Vitale into a Jordan Reed type player.

Pass rusher Manny Lawson has rumors of domestic violence issues. I haven't read into it, but it's looming.

:scratch:
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JeKI9mm_ZZY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

I think bringing in Poutassi wouldnt hurt. Lord knows we need to do something to shore up the O-line. In all actuality, Poutassi was just a kid, 21-22, who got big brothered by grown men. Plus, I think he was on a team that didnt fit his skill set. The Titans are a run first team who favor nasty, mauler type O-limenen. Jeremiah Poutasi, is just not that kind of player. Honestly, it says a lot about how iffy we are at the position, when we're looking at guys like this. That being said, lets try him out.

Pick up Aaron Murray and cut McCown and Grayson.

I would like to see Murray as a Saint. I doubt anyone would claim Grayson off waivers, so the Saint could probably have him back in a pinch. McCown has played in real NFL games and someone will take him. If he gets cut, might not be able to get him back.

Whisenhunt gave up on the kid (Poutasi) rather quickly.

He has good talent. Maybe their line coaches aren't worth a damn?

Whisenhunt is in San Diego now. Mike Mularkey is the head coach now in Tennessee.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom