N/S Dak Prescott emerging in Dallas (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Crazy that in a couple of weeks, he has people talking about him replacing Romo.

The fourth-round pick out of Mississippi State — and he was a compensatory pick at the end of the fourth — looked great in Dallas’ preseason opener against the Los Angeles Rams, which opened some eyes. Then he looked good again on Friday night against the Miami Dolphins.

For the second straight week, Prescott looked nothing like a rookie. He has a good arm and knows where to go with the ball. He has a great command of the offense and the physical skills to execute it. He had a nice deep touchdown pass to Dez Bryant, the second time in two weeks he has hit Bryant for a score. Prescott can run too, and he took off on a 20-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. Dallas had 300 yards and 27 points in the first half against the Dolphins, and while starter Tony Romo looked good in his two series, most of the damage was done when Prescott was in the game.

Then to start the second half, Prescott delivered a wonderful deep ball for a 58-yard gain to Brice Butler. On the next play he rifled a back-shoulder throw to Butler for a 1-yard touchdown. He scored another touchdown on a 1-yard fourth-down quarterback sneak.

Prescott completed 12-of-15 passes for 199 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, and ran for two touchdowns, in roughly two quarters of work before he was pulled in the late third quarter.

The Cowboys have gone from having a scary backup quarterback situation to presumably feeling very good about what they’ve seen from Prescott.

Prescott was a fine dual-threat college quarterback, but nobody thought he was a can’t-miss star heading into the draft (if any teams did, he wouldn’t have been available at the 135th pick … though some experts were high on him before the draft). Based only on what we’ve seen in two preseason games, Prescott looks like more than just a functional rookie backup for Tony Romo. He looks like the Cowboys’ next starting quarterback for years to come.

Preseason superstar Dak Prescott lighting it up at QB for Cowboys

Hurry! Someone call Canton and prepare the bronze and molding for the cast of Dak Prescott's HoF bust! 2 preseason appearances and 4 quarters of play and the fans in Dallas are ready to anoint him the next Roger Staubach. PUH-LEEZ!

The very first time Romo throws an interception they'll be screaming for Dak.

People are about to do that already.

Frankly, that is the best case scenario.

After Jaylon Smith, I'm legitimately jealous. Even if this hope proves false, it's still a reason for hope.

And I really don't want to root against a local, even if he's playing for the enemy, and again, Jaylon Smith was my obsession for a little while.

Hurry! Someone call Canton and prepare the bronze and molding for the cast of Dak Prescott's HoF bust! 2 preseason appearances and 4 quarters of play and the fans in Dallas are ready to anoint him the next Roger Staubach. PUH-LEEZ!

Nice try, but in all honesty if we had a rookie QB out there balling like that we would be head over heels too. So don't try and minimize the significance of the situation.:idunno:

I don't like it either, but the fact is it looks like Dallas might have hit a home run with Dak.

Can't hate him. He's ballin', doing his thing. There's more than enough hate for Jerry and Cowboy fans.

Anything with the Cowboys gets overblown by the media but that aside he has been impressive. He didn't have much to work with at Mississippi State by way of skill players but I vividly remember him almost single handedly bringing Mississippi back vs. LSU last year making a series of amazing throws.

The real truth is Dallas has an amazing offensive line (just ask DeMarco Murray) it is easy to look great when you have time to throw. I have been shocked by the accuracy he has that was not evident when he was at Mississippi

th

Dallas

Yawn, play in real games with DCs gameplanning against you, using their defensive starters, and then we can talk.

Yawn, play in real games with DCs gameplanning against you, using their defensive starters, and then we can talk.

I agree that will make a big difference. But, let me ask you this, what other qb is coming close to how he is playing the first two preseason games? If it was that easy, everyone would be having same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that will make a big difference. But, let me ask you this, what other qb is coming close to how he is playing the first two preseason games? If it was that easy, everyone would be having same results.

Yep I would say he is the QB of the 2016 pre-season 22 of 27 for 338 yards and 4 touchdowns with no picks that is good for a 158.3 QB rating not bad numbers at all he also has good command over his huddle. AJ McCarron looked pretty sharp too and what is not to like about Jimmy Garoppolo?

Nice try, but in all honesty if we had a rookie QB out there balling like that we would be head over heels too. So don't try and minimize the significance of the situation.:idunno:

I don't like it either, but the fact is it looks like Dallas might have hit a home run with Dak.

Like I've said many times, check this thread in 3-5 years. Dude will be irrelevant in the league. For his sake I hope he's not because who am I to down someone's dream. Just I can see the league adjusting to some things he does and I'm not sure he's capable of changing things. So far he's done well though so I do tip my hat, but just looking at the overall picture I don't see him EVER being a productive NFL starter at the QB position long term.

Situation is at least as important as ability. Plus the sample size is too small to draw any conclusions. If a first game was a reliable indicator of talent, then a lot of hall of famers would have fallen at the first hurdle.

Here are some examples, albeit from regular season openers: Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning among QBs with bad first starts - NFL.com

Basically, preseason snaps only go so far in proving anything.

Prescott should've had 2 INTs for last nights game. One INT was called back because of a personal foul. The second was dropped after hitting the defender in the numbers.

Just preseason Cowboy hype.

Just to be on record, this is silly. Prescott will spend 5-6 years in the league as a backup and then wash out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom