N/S Dak Prescott (1 Viewer)

He also finished the season with 45 sacks with 31 sacks racked up in the first 6 games. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with the loss of Unger...

That whole line was a mess. Having or not having Unger wouldn't have changed that mess. The guys in Seattle could care less about the loss of Unger, they want Cable gone, or better talent brought in for the line.

Btw... 4th round Dak looking a lot better at this point than 1st overall. Not saying that'll continue but right now Cowboys look like Geniuses

They still drafted a RB 4th overall, and a LBer that won't even play this year and may never be 100% again in the early 2nd.. Wouldn't call them draft geniuses yet.

They still drafted a RB 4th overall, and a LBer that won't even play this year and may never be 100% again in the early 2nd.. Wouldn't call them draft geniuses yet.

They didn't trade away their future for a QB... who at this point didn't look as good as a 4th round QB. Again - not saying that situation doesn't change, but at this point comparing the fact that Dallas chose Dak in the 4th who looked (at this stage) much better than Goff who the Rams traded away several picks for... yeah I'd say that at this stage for this situation Dallas looks like Geniuses. Overall though - I agree with you, but for this particular situation and comparing them to what the Rams did with their selection - how can you disagree?

That whole line was a mess. Having or not having Unger wouldn't have changed that mess. The guys in Seattle could care less about the loss of Unger, they want Cable gone, or better talent brought in for the line.
You're right in that the entire line played terrible the first half of the season.

Moving Britt from RT to LG didn''t work out at all. Startiing the season with Drew Nowack at center proved to be a mistake that was corrected when Patrick Lewis replaced him and played well. JR Sweezy was marginally acceptable in pass pro at RG and Okung played at a mediocre level the whole year.

And that's why Seattle drafted G/T Germaine Ifedi in the 1st round, G Rees Ohdiambo in the 3d round, and C Joey Hunt in the 6th round.

Btw, Jahri Evans looked terrible run blocking in Seattle's first preseason game playing with the 2nd string. Maybe it's conditioning... or maybe he's just done... time will tell. He looked okay in pass pro.

You're right in that the entire line played terrible the first half of the season.

Moving Britt from RT to LG didn''t work out at all. Startiing the season with Drew Nowack at center proved to be a mistake that was corrected when Patrick Lewis replaced him and played well. JR Sweezy was marginally acceptable in pass pro at RG and Okung played at a mediocre level the whole year.

And that's why Seattle drafted G/T Germaine Ifedi in the 1st round, G Rees Ohdiambo in the 3d round, and C Joey Hunt in the 6th round.

Btw, Jahri Evans looked terrible run blocking in Seattle's first preseason game playing with the 2nd string. Maybe it's conditioning... or maybe he's just done... time will tell. He looked okay in pass pro.

Reading seahawks.net, these are all the points that Seahawk fans mention (bad play last year, hope to change it around this year, Evans is meh). I get it. The O-Line over the last 5 years hasn't been great, but Lynch and Wilson have made them look better than they are. If Seattle could get a legit oline, they could be deadly. Wilson doesn't scramble because he is a scrambling qb, he is actually a pocket guy who is forced to scramble because there is hardly ever a pocket.

Reading seahawks.net, these are all the points that Seahawk fans mention (bad play last year, hope to change it around this year, Evans is meh). I get it. The O-Line over the last 5 years hasn't been great, but Lynch and Wilson have made them look better than they are. If Seattle could get a legit oline, they could be deadly. Wilson doesn't scramble because he is a scrambling qb, he is actually a pocket guy who is forced to scramble because there is hardly ever a pocket.
I agree. Wilson does his best work from the pocket. When he went on a terror at the end of last year, every TD pass that I remember came from the pocket.

Quick pass plays mask O-line pass pro problems nicely. Case in point was the 2013 Devner Broncos with Peyton getting rid of the ball so quickly.

Always have liked Dak as a QB from State. The next Steve McNair. I hate the Cowboys but im team Dak. DAK will lead the Girls into playoffs. Thats right Dak will lead not Romo. The guy is a flat out baller. He can zip it and tuck and run it.

I'm shocked by Dak. I pegged him as a good college QB with accuracy problems that held the ball too long and wouldn't translate to the NFL.

He's certainly got the benefit of absolutely incredible protection. He is afforded more time than any QB I've seen in a very long time. Even then though, he is working his progressions, making the right reads and delivering an accurate ball. Looks great so far, let's see how he looks as the season goes on and he faces some teams that can get after the QB. Let's see how he looks when the Dallas defense breaks down and he has to go win the game.

Right now though, he's exceeded my expectations more than any QB in a very long time.

In the "look what I found" department, I think Siemian is the best so far.

The shots of Tony Romo on the sidelines are funny. Every time Prescott makes a play and they pan to Tony he looks like he is mentally packing up his locker. Wouldn't be surprise if Dallas tried to trade Romo to a QB hungry team like the Browns or Bills. Not sure if those teams would have the draft picks Skeletor would want but with his cap number Dallas could get instant relief dumping him for picks.

So we are pretty much in the thick of it, what's y'all's thoughts now?

just about the same as it was when I said this:
Btw... 4th round Dak looking a lot better at this point than 1st overall. Not saying that'll continue but right now Cowboys look like Geniuses

the problem is - I really like and admire Dak. So I end up rooting for him which has me kind of rooting for the Cowboys which makes me mad and bummed, then they win so I've got a sour taste in my mouth that they won and I realize that Dak won so I get happy again and then I realize I got happy over the Cowboys and I'm bummed out again... I need a doctor I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom