N/S Daughter in Tornado - bar forced people out into storm (1 Viewer)

HailStateSaintsFan

Formerly known as MSSaintfan
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Biloxi native, living in Central Mississippi
My daughter’s apartment complex was in the area hit by the tornado last night at MSU. Her place wasn’t directly hit, but they took some damage and had a lot of water in the apartment. Luckily, she is ok as she was on stage on campus, ironically, in a production of Shakespeare’s The Tempest. They were huddled in the basement and the campus was spared, but there is a lot of damage up there right off campus. I also had a buddy whose condo had it go right by his place (within yards). There were a lot of fans up there for Super Bulldog Weekend- Thankful for reports of no injuries so far. Continued prayers for all being safe. Please follow instructions next time one heads your way and get to cover.

One last thing. If you own an establishment, (such as a bar) and turn 150 people out ten minutes before a tornado hits, do not force everyone to leave so you can protect your assets. Reports and tweets all over that one- (ONLY ONE) - called the police and had them force 150 out into the storm, forcefully, using pepper spray. I pray to God that this is just rumor. IF NOT, I’ll let y’all know which place it was, so you can boycott the place next time you come to Starkvegas for games in any sport.

Wait, what? Seems like you kinda hurried through some facts (or my mind is not working fast, because ...Sunday).

Wait, what? Seems like you kinda hurried through some facts (or my mind is not working fast, because ...Sunday).
Sorry I hurried. I was worried like a dad and was just looking for a few prayers for the folks in Starkvegas. Things were not as bad on campus as they were elsewhere. My daughter was ok because she wasn’t in the area of the tornado due to the fact that she was on campus, performing in The Tempest at Theatre MSU.

Part two had to do with a bar that ran everyone out of the establishment when the sirens went off, literally calling cops to have them removed. Pushing them out of the place and using pepper spray on them - at least - that is the rumor and what evereyone on Twitter that was there is saying.

Yeah. I wasn’t going to put it out there publicly. My plan was to pm anyone interested, but it seems to have gotten around. I just didn’t want a defamation suit.... :hihi:

The video out there is from inside the place. What was shown on the video... security using the F expletive when telling people to “get the out” was ridiculous. Starkville Mayor is going to grill them but I doubt they’re still open in 6 months.

Side note - the one in Hamilton hit about 10 miles northwest of my house. Was very sudden development, we were watching Matt Luabham and it went from “maybe there is something there” to “wow that is a monstrous debris field” in seconds. Plus we get more Thursday.. yay

The video out there is from inside the place. What was shown on the video... security using the F expletive when telling people to “get the out” was ridiculous. Starkville Mayor is going to grill them but I doubt they’re still open in 6 months.

Side note - the one in Hamilton hit about 10 miles northwest of my house. Was very sudden development, we were watching Matt Luabham and it went from “maybe there is something there” to “wow that is a monstrous debris field” in seconds. Plus we get more Thursday.. yay
I could not imagine living in a place where tornadoes are the norm. I remember watching the movie Twister as a kid ?. Tidal waves and tornados are recurring nightmares of mine. I live in Vegas so i just deal with hot and freezing haha.

I don't even understand what kicking the patrons out was going to do if the storm was going to be there in minutes. It's not like having the building empty would keep it from blowing away.

These people should be charged with something. Reckless endangerment, like 50 counts, would be a start. I mean, really? Telling people to shelter in their cars?

I don't even understand what kicking the patrons out was going to do if the storm was going to be there in minutes. It's not like having the building empty would keep it from blowing away.

These people should be charged with something. Reckless endangerment, like 50 counts, would be a start. I mean, really? Telling people to shelter in their cars?

I agree the bar owners should be charged. I also blame the patrons. Why were you at a bar when you knew this type
of weather was coming through?

I agree the bar owners should be charged. I also blame the patrons. Why were you at a bar when you knew this type
of weather was coming through?
Because they're in college and invincible. I agree it's stupid that they were there, but not as stupid as the bar even being open for them to go there in the first place only to be thrown out ten minutes before a tornado is supposed to hit. It sure sounded like the patrons knew that there was a tornado shelter underneath the bar in the clip posted too though.

:idunno:

Glad you hear your daughter is ok, but prayers won't help with anything.

I’ve had three miracles happen in my family that doctors could not explain. You believe what you want to believe, I’ll believe what I believe. No need to get up in my grill about my faith. I KNOW prayer works. I’ve seen it happen three times. Good night. sir.

My daughter’s apartment complex was in the area hit by the tornado last night at MSU. Her place wasn’t directly hit, but they took some damage and had a lot of water in the apartment. Luckily, she is ok as she was on stage on campus, ironically, in a production of Shakespeare’s The Tempest. They were huddled in the basement and the campus was spared, but there is a lot of damage up there right off campus. I also had a buddy whose condo had it go right by his place (within yards). There were a lot of fans up there for Super Bulldog Weekend- Thankful for reports of no injuries so far. Continued prayers for all being safe. Please follow instructions next time one heads your way and get to cover.

One last thing. If you own an establishment, (such as a bar) and turn 150 people out ten minutes before a tornado hits, do not force everyone to leave so you can protect your assets. Reports and tweets all over that one- (ONLY ONE) - called the police and had them force 150 out into the storm, forcefully, using pepper spray. I pray to God that this is just rumor. IF NOT, I’ll let y’all know which place it was, so you can boycott the place next time you come to Starkvegas for games in any sport.
This is true a lady that works in my office was telling me Monday that her daughter was part of the 150 that was forced out on the street. She contacted the police department. They played the 911 call for her.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom