N/S Deadline given to Long by the Fins (per rotoworld) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is from Peter King....
<TABLE class=s_playerNewsTable id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=487 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=s_playerNewsLeftBorder>
pixel.gif
</TD><TD class=s_playerNewsText>
pixel.gif

SI.com's Peter King reports that the Dolphins have given Jake Long a deadline to agree to a contract that would make him the No. 1 overall pick.
King says Long is the only player Miami has seriously negotiated with so far. If Long lets the deadline pass, the 'Fins are expected to turn their attention to Vernon Gholston. Long is seemingly at very little risk of falling out of the top three, so he has some leverage.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I suppose it would be sometime this weekend to allow time to really focus on Gholston. When do you guys think the deadline is?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Last edited:

Colin311

I want 5 of your years!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So it's either Jake Long is a Dolphin or a Ram.

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
I'd play real hard to get so I could go to a winner at #10.

taygolf

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
and Glenn Dorsey is a Falcon

What about Chris Long! He is the best DE in the draft as far as I am concerned and Gholston is #2 and yes I think they are close but I think Chris Long is more of a sure thing. I guess I am missing something with Chris Long but I just think he is better than Gholston.

If I am Jake Long I hold out and fall to #2 to the Rams. Sit it will cost him a little money but not that much in the long run and he will be on a much better team and it will make him look like a super star. If I were a tackle I would much rather have steven jackson and marc bulger behind me with holt as a wr than Ronnie Brown and who ever they will start at QB ans whoever they will have at WR.

If it went down like this and Gholston goes #1 to the phins Long is the undisputed pick for the Rams. Then The Falcons will have to pick between Dorsey and Chris Long. I think Dorsey is better but with the blood line Chris Long has it will be a hard choice.

The Falcons could take Chris Long which would almost assure use a DT! We would probably be trading up quickly if Dorsey fell past #3.

I just dont think this will happen though. I think Jake Long is smart enough to hold out knowing if the phins do not take him then he will be on a better team for almost as much money.

Parcells is just to good of a football guy to let him get away. They will draft him one way or the other but I hope they dont!

T

Reaction score
What about Chris Long! He is the best DE in the draft as far as I am concerned and Gholston is #2 and yes I think they are close but I think Chris Long is more of a sure thing. I guess I am missing something with Chris Long but I just think he is better than Gholston.

If I am Jake Long I hold out and fall to #2 to the Rams. Sit it will cost him a little money but not that much in the long run and he will be on a much better team and it will make him look like a super star. If I were a tackle I would much rather have steven jackson and marc bulger behind me with holt as a wr than Ronnie Brown and who ever they will start at QB ans whoever they will have at WR.

If it went down like this and Gholston goes #1 to the phins Long is the undisputed pick for the Rams. Then The Falcons will have to pick between Dorsey and Chris Long. I think Dorsey is better but with the blood line Chris Long has it will be a hard choice.

The Falcons could take Chris Long which would almost assure use a DT! We would probably be trading up quickly if Dorsey fell past #3.

I just dont think this will happen though. I think Jake Long is smart enough to hold out knowing if the phins do not take him then he will be on a better team for almost as much money.

Parcells is just to good of a football guy to let him get away. They will draft him one way or the other but I hope they dont!

T

Vernon Gholston will make a better rush linebacker in the 3-4. Long is a better DE. But when you think of Gholston think Merriman.

supersaint15

Very Banned
Reaction score
The falcons will not take chris long they have anderson and abraham

MLU

Reaction score
Guys like Gholston are rare. There are three or four guys like Chris Long in every draft...

Colin311

I want 5 of your years!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just dont think this will happen though. I think Jake Long is smart enough to hold out knowing if the phins do not take him then he will be on a better team for almost as much money.Parcells is just to good of a football guy to let him get away. They will draft him one way or the other but I hope they dont!T

I wouldn't say a better team since Parcels is in control. He will have the Phins in contention within a few years.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think I'd rather live in Miami than live in St. Louis.

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I think I'd rather live in Miami than live in St. Louis.

thats true, but if you look at both teams, statisticly St.Louis looks like it would be the better career move.

they have all the pieces lined up, assuming everyone stays healthly.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thats true, but if you look at both teams, statisticly St.Louis looks like it would be the better career move.

they have all the pieces lined up, assuming everyone stays healthly.

yes and no. There is a reason St. Louis is picking #2 overall, and it isn't because they are only a few players away. Yes, they have a solid QB and solid RB that Miami doesn't, but you also have to figure that Miami isn't going to let those two positions go unaddressed for long. (no pun intended) :)

atceagle

BRING THE WOOD!
Reaction score
I understand the money and prestige you get for being the overall number 1 but I don't think I'd want to play for a team that is trying to strong arm me before I even become their property.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom