N/S Derek Anderson has melt down in post game interview (1 Viewer)

If you see the whole thing, you can see why Anderson got upset. At 0:58 Anderson explained the situation calmly, the reporter came back to it several more times. Wouldn't leave it alone. No one's showing that part of the presser but it's here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgdRWUySBiU

I would have gotten upset too.
While I was watching, they never showed that first part. I guess the reporter got the reaction he was going for then...

In the other section, it looks like he's giving him an opportunity to explain it though he is kinda egging him on. I thought he should have just said that the other guy was just trying to cheer him up -- I guess he did.

To be fair that was the only clip of him smiling. Other then that he was looking sad and lost like the rest of his team. I know Fitzgerald is ready to gthot

I know some times I over think the room, but...

Does anyone else get tired of the media hiding behind "fans" when they have to ask a tough question? Just man up and ask the question that you want to ask.

Coach, how do you respond to the people who might say that going for it on 4th down was a reckless play call that might have ruined the season?

There are people out there who are saying that maybe this team has been reading too many of their own press clippings, what would you say to them?

^^^
Weasel style.

The reporter was a ******, and should be embarressed, but he got exactly what he wanted. I'd have been angrier at the reporter than Anderson was.

And whoever was saying Anderson outplayed Leinart in the preseason, didn't actually watch any of the games. I think Leinart had 3 incompletions. But the media loving to trash a former star, kept showing the same incompletion on a deep route, over and over and over again, even though it was obvious the WR didn't even look for the ball and make an adjustment. The coach put Leinart in a position to fail because he didn't like him, he wanted Anderson, well now he's got him. I'm not saying Leinart is great, but he wasn't given a chance this preseaons to win the job.

...and the saints lost to this team. Smh

...and the saints lost to this team. Smh

Yeah, but to be fair, the Saints lost to the Cardinals during the Max Hall era. Anderson doesn't know how to do the Harry Potter magic fumble thing.

This reminds me of the Ryan Leaf incident. If they did things the same back then, I could see Leaf having this tirade on the podium instead of in the locker room. Heck maybe DA would have had a full on attack tirade with the reporter if it had happened in the locker room.

I feel bad for Andersen.
He probably does work very hard, but he has to fill the shoes of a HOF bound QB with very high expectations from the fans and thats not something a lot of mediocre QBs can even approach. On top of that, hes caught in a particular moment where the lineman may have said something to lift his spirits and make him feel better, and now its being blown up into "not taking the game seriously". SOmetimes I really really hate journalism.
As for losing to them, well this is the NFL. SOmetimes a team plays well above their means when faced with a vastly more talented team. SOmetimes the offense clicks and the defense has gameplanned perfectly to stop you. Those days happen. They are embarrassing but jst think about how defending champion Steelers lost to four of the worst teams in the league in 09 to finish 9-7 and way out of the playoffs.

QFT. *** that reporter. All the clip showed was Deuce Lutui saying something to Derek and then he smiled at him. Very well could have been something completely unrelated to the game. It's just the reporter desperate to attach some sensationalism to it.

QFT. *** that reporter. All the clip showed was Deuce Lutui saying something to Derek and then he smiled at him. Very well could have been something completely unrelated to the game. It's just the reporter desperate to attach some sensationalism to it.

Reporter was a ******* yes. I have great contempt for nearly all "Sports Journalists".

That said, Quarterbacks do have to be cognizant of their demeanor. Not just for silly, ridiculous fans and reporters, but more importantly because of the message you're sending to your teammates and coaches.

It seems nitpicky, but no one said you get paid millions of dollars to play football because it's easy.

If you see the whole thing, you can see why Anderson got upset. At 0:58 Anderson explained the situation calmly, the reporter came back to it several more times. Wouldn't leave it alone.
Exactly. The reporter wouldn't leave it alone. Derek gave a response and the reporter kept saying, "Yeah, but" or "what was the context". I don't know exactly what answer he was looking for, but it seems like he wouldn't be happy until Derek said, Yeah, I was laughing because it was hysterical how bad we were losing. Which clearly he was not going to say.

I finally saw the footage of Derek (they don't want to show that often for some reason) and I didn't see a guy laughing. I saw a guy with a wry smile at best who immediately ducked his head down in a defeatist position. We've seen Aaron Brooks, as others have mentioned, smile broader than that WHILE ON THE FIELD and clap his hands like a trained seal and no one ever challenged him on that. We've also seen the Cowgurls this year at 1-7 standing on the sideline looking like they're watching Robin Williams at the Improv and no one ever challenged them in a presser like that.

Leinart outplayed all of the other Cardinal QBs in camp. This was an issue between Whisenhunt and Leinart AND there were also rumors that Leinart lost the respect of a few guys in the locker room and they wouldn't play hard for him.

At least that is how I remember it panning out before the season started.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom