N/S DeSean Jackson shares Anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Hitler on Instagram (2 Viewers)

Balfour Declaration. I respect my Jewish sisters and bothers but come on now.
I don't even want to get into the significant impact of the ADL on a domestic level or APIC have on US foreign politicy.
In fact, Jewish and black activists have a long history of being allies. Jackson made a mistake but Black people are not your enemy.

I am not going to down vote you, but yet again I will tell you, you are comparing apples to oranges.

I still want to see your homework on this, but speaking of apples and oranges, I don't remember seeing any recent story in the U.S. about someone stopped by the cops for driving while jew, or a cop putting his knee on a jew's neck until he died of suffocation while he pleads "I can't breathe", or a jew being shot 7 times at point blank range when he informs an officer he's a legal gun owner and has a weapon in his car, or a jew being choked to death as he pleads "I can't breathe", or a 12 year old jew being shot to death without warning because he's playing with a toy gun, and I am going to stop there.

I suggest you both do some research on antisemitism and hate crim statistics and leave it at that.

You are ignoring the fact that antisemitism is very prevalent right now and Jews are 2.7x more likely to be a victim of a hate crime than black people

Yeah, I looked up the source of your quote and here it is: a grose article from the right wing AEI.

As a Jew, let me tell you that everyone is at risk for violence against them in the form of white supremacy or gun violence. An article that compares Jews' risk versus Blacks' or Muslims' risks is ridiculous. It was an underhanded way to denigrate Blacks and Muslims while raising sympathy for jews in a right-wing echo chamber of Jewish right-wingers.

So what is your point? Jews havent been the victims of enough bigotry to make it ok to react with intolerance and vitriol or they havent been hated by the right people?

I think he's saying, he'd like to see how you arrived at that perception because racism against Black people resulting in their deaths is really visible without looking for it while the same is not as evident to him for Jewish people.

Yeah, I looked up the source of your quote and here it is: a grose article from the right wing AEI.

As a Jew, let me tell you that everyone is at risk for violence against them in the form of white supremacy or gun violence. An article that compares Jews' risk versus Blacks' or Muslims' risks is ridiculous. It was an underhanded way to denigrate Blacks and Muslims while raising sympathy for jews in a right-wing echo chamber of Jewish right-wingers.

So the FBI data is wrong?

I think he's saying, he'd like to see how you arrived at that perception because racism against Black people resulting in their deaths is really visible without looking for it while the same is not as evident to him for Jewish people.
I guess 6 million in the holocaust isnt enough evidence.

They're talking about currently.
There are still a lot of people walking around with numbers tattooed on their forearms. In the grand scheme of things if you want to talk about systemic and prolonged racism the holocaust is still "current". The holocaust happened IN THIS LIFETIME for a lot of people. Not generations ago.

So what is your point?
I have repeated my point over, and over, and over again.

Jews havent been the victims of enough bigotry to make it ok to react with intolerance and vitriol or they havent been hated by the right people?
Statements like that don't help.

I suggest you both do some research on antisemitism and hate crim statistics and leave it at that.

I don't need to do any research about antisemitism. I am aware of the history.

As for the statistics, you brought them up. Yet again, homework.

Neither person is comparing the holocaust and American slavery, so what are you talking about? They're talking about currently.
You clearly stated that it wasnt easy to see evidence of Jews being killed. You did not state a time frame. And if history doesnt count, i dont know what any of these discussions are about

There are still a lot of people walking around with numbers tattooed on their forearms. In the grand scheme of things if you want to talk about systemic and prolonged racism the holocaust is still "current". The holocaust happened IN THIS LIFETIME for a lot of people. Not generations ago.

Well, it technically was generations ago, and I don't think anyone is questioning the holocaust.

Spot on!

You clearly stated that it wasnt easy to see evidence of Jews being killed. You did not state a time frame. And if history doesnt count, i dont know what any of these discussions are about

How many Nazis where Minneapolis cops?

Stop doing this.

How many Nazis where Minneapolis cops?

Stop doing this.
Stop doing what? Pointing out the hypocrisy? Racism is Racism no matter who it is against. And im still waiting for an answer are we counting historical injustice or not?

People are building strawmen bc they’re still butt hurt about the blowback on drew
- both athletes have admitted their mistakes and actions to redress, so that seems to cancel out
- so now we are left to compare 2000 years of horrible racism, with an attempted genocide3 generations ago and an occasional horrible spasm
to
400 years of brutal racism that has never been addressed, but is also a world wide story RIGHT NOW and is second only to a frikkin global pandemic
People are working too hard to ignore current circumstance to still complain about drew getting called out on behavior he admitted was wrong

It’s like Drew made a comment about Covid and Jackson made a comment about malaria - at this moment there really is little comparison

Stop doing what? Pointing out the hypocrisy? Racism is Racism no matter who it is against

There is no hypocrisy here. What is here, is a continuous attempt at comparing 2 different events because some people still have their jimmies rustled over Brees getting called out, and they want to see Jackson called out for his antisemitic command just like Brees did.

And they can't see the difference between the situations or the people who made the statements.

No one is exonerating Jackson for what he said. But no matter how much he's called out, it is never going to be enough, because Brees. And it will not be as much as Brees because, yet again, leaders' words carry more weight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom