N/S DeSean Jackson shares Anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Hitler on Instagram (1 Viewer)

People are working too hard to ignore current circumstance to still complain about drew getting called out on behavior he admitted was wrong
I feel drew's callout was appropriate, I just think anytime anyone in the public eye aligns themselves with someone who murdered 6 million people they should be called out just as harshly. There were high profile people AGREEING with Jackson. Im not arguing Drew's callout was too harsh, just that the response to Jackson was not harsh enough. I'm glad he seems willing to educate himself. Im disappointed many people are excusing his actions or agreeing with them

People are building strawmen bc they’re still butt hurt about the blowback on drew
- both athletes have admitted their mistakes and actions to redress, so that seems to cancel out
- so now we are left to compare 2000 years of horrible racism, with an attempted genocide3 generations ago and an occasional horrible spasm
to
400 years of brutal racism that has never been addressed, but is also a world wide story RIGHT NOW and is second only to a frikkin global pandemic
People are working too hard to ignore current circumstance to still complain about drew getting called out on behavior he admitted was wrong

It’s like Drew made a comment about Covid and Jackson made a comment about malaria - at this moment there really is little comparison
Being silent is part of the problem, so not speaking out against anti semitism is the same as being anti semitic. Not accusing anyone in this thread of that merely my reasons for posting.

You clearly stated that it wasnt easy to see evidence of Jews being killed. You did not state a time frame. And if history doesnt count, i dont know what any of these discussions are about

So trolling. Cool. For others trying to follow, someone person posted about the likelihood of encountering racism today.

I feel drew's callout was appropriate, I just think anytime anyone in the public eye aligns themselves with someone who murdered 6 million people they should be called out just as harshly. There were high profile people AGREEING with Jackson. Im not arguing Drew's callout was too harsh, just that the response to Jackson was not harsh enough. I'm glad he seems willing to educate himself. Im disappointed many people are excusing his actions or agreeing with them
Well stated

Perhaps because it is DeShaun Jackson?
Kind of like seeing a grungy character with a "the end is nigh" sign, and hearing Neil Degrasse say "the end is nigh".

And again, I am not excusing, much less agreeing with, what Jackson said.

So trolling. Cool. For others trying to follow, someone person posted about the likelihood of encountering racism today.

I would say that unless you're an Orthodox Jew, it's a lot more difficult to tell them apart from everyone else. I think were they not so blended into our society, you might see more instances of that happening. Iirc, that was one of the reasons Jews under German occupation were required to wear a patch identifying themselves during WWII.

That said, racism of any kind should be frowned upon and not acceptable.

A few of the posters have stated in this thread they are Jewish, so I would say they’re “butt hurt” because they’re Jewish

That’s a pretty insensitive comment
Winner.

I'm butt hurt because Im being told compliance is tolerance when they are "coming for you", but when they are "coming for me" I hear silence. I marched in Alaska when I was there for work and I marched in New Orleans. Where is the condemnation when multiple high profile people are supporting someone who killed 6 million of my people

In the end people are going to do whatever they want to do and some are going to do mental gymnastics to say why it's ok to sit by and not speak up against one athlete and not another. All you can do is fight racism everywhere you see it and hope others will start to do the same. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Winner.

I'm butt hurt because Im being told compliance is tolerance when they are "coming for you", but when they are "coming for me" I hear silence. I marched in Alaska when I was there for work and I marched in New Orleans.

In the end people are going to do whatever they want to do and some are going to do mental gymnastics to say why it's ok to sit by and not speak up against one athlete and not another. All you can do is fight racism everywhere you see it and hope others will start to do the same. Be part of the solution, not the problem.
Agree wholeheartedly!

A few of the posters have stated in this thread they are Jewish, so I would say they’re “butt hurt” because they’re Jewish

That’s a pretty insensitive comment
well obviously since the ENTIRETY of my post was about Drew/DeSean Jackson discussion
and i was in no way saying how people should feel about jackson's comment in its own rights
i think your assessment is off, perhaps significantly

how about this -
say what you want about Jackson - castigate him for his antisemitism if you like and applaud him for his redress if you like as well
but there is not need to bring Drew into the conversation since the context is hardly comparable
doing so seems be an attempt to muddy the BLM discussion and the comparison cheapens a discussion of both BLM and antisemitism

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom