N/S DeSean Jackson shares Anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Hitler on Instagram (1 Viewer)

Look all of this sounds really good but it is also a load of crap since you havent once addressed the reaction the difference in reactions from fellow players and teammates

As long as you keep things on a macrocosm you can pretty much come up with tons of caveats without proof. When you get things on more of a microcosm that doesnt work unless you are going to speak for the Jewish players in saying that because Jackson is a hasbeen it hurts less....to see people like you say "Sure antisemitism is bad BUT look over here..." doesnt bother them. That is just arrogant presumption

The only thing we KNOW is that Jewish players responded far more respectfully and in a spirit of unity

Antisemitism IS Bad...there's no but. It's always bad. It was bad when you ignored it, it's bad now. I feel for Jackson's teammates and respect any way in which they choose to deal with the hurt caused by their teammates words. I'd say the same about Brees' teammates. I don't get to judge how someone deals with the hurt they feel. I don't get to judge how the slur Washington uses as a name for their team makes Native Americans feel. And forgive me if I'm more upset by my grandmother's passing than I am by your grandmother's passing, but I'd definitely understand why you have stronger feelings regarding the passing of your grandmother than mine. This want for others to feel as strongly about things as someone else either lacks empathy or is a just straw man argument.

Not according to SR. DeSean is who got you angry enough to start typing. That's the hypocrisy. As you've been asking about people being outraged about Drew or BLM but not this, why weren't YOU angry then? You knew it happened. Not a peep. Now you're busy casting stones.
Show me one time where i mentioned drew besides the fact that you keep bringing him up. Youre the one who keeps bringing him up as some kind of excuse for your illogical takes. Hypocrisy is excusing some racism because it doesnt matter to you, or fit your agenda.

Show me one time where i mentioned drew besides the fact that you keep bringing him up. Youre the one who keeps bringing him up as some kind of excuse for your illogical takes. Hypocrisy is excusing some racism because it doesnt matter to you, or fit your agenda.

Hypocrisy is ignoring neo-Nazis marching in the streets of America but getting on SR to rant about DeSean Johnson. Hyprocrisy is totally ignoring the lonnnng thread devoted to that but foaming over this.

Hypocrisy is ignoring neo-Nazis marching in the streets of America but getting on SR to rant about DeSean Johnson. Hyprocrisy is totally ignoring the lonnnng thread devoted to that but foaming over this.
Uh you do realize Desean was trying to quote an actual Nazi and stated he believed in some of that ideology. So whos supporting the Nazis? Go ahead and defend that position.

Uh you do realize Desean was trying to quote an actual Nazi and stated he believed in some of that ideology. So whos supporting the Nazis? Go ahead and defend that position.

That's the difference between me and you. I reviled DeSean's remarks in the first thread that got whacked. I revile them now. But I also roundly criticized neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and the people who sided with them while you said nothing. It took the powerful DeSean to get you to start typing.

Not according to SR. DeSean is who got you angry enough to start typing. That's the hypocrisy. As you've been asking about people being outraged about Drew or BLM but not this, why weren't YOU angry then? You knew it happened. Not a peep. Now you're busy casting stones.
Im still waiting for you to show me where I asked about people being outraged about Drew or BLM. Or do you just post false info with nothing to back it up

Im still waiting for you to show me where I asked about people being outraged about Drew or BLM. Or do you just post false info with nothing to back it up

I firmly believe you're in this thread to use DeSean as a strawman for the way Brees was treated. 100% my opinion, rbye05. I think you care about defending anti-semitism as much as you care about DeSean. Perhaps I'm alone in that, but that's my opinion.

That's the difference between me and you. I reviled DeSean's remarks in the first thread that got whacked. I revile them now. But I also roundly criticized neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and the people who sided with them while you said nothing. It took the powerful DeSean to get you to start typing.
Well i didnt post in this thread at all till i saw some blatant anti semitism, so no it wasnt the powerful DeSean it was just the anti semitism. My first post in this thread actually referenced the word ghetto. Didnt even mention Desean till much later in the discussion. Once again your biases show and your assumptions are wrong.

There are still a lot of people walking around with numbers tattooed on their forearms. In the grand scheme of things if you want to talk about systemic and prolonged racism the holocaust is still "current". The holocaust happened IN THIS LIFETIME for a lot of people. Not generations ago.

?? I'm confused. Both my parents were very much alive to attend segregated schools, the Ruby Bridges integration incident, get served at the back of restaurants, the assassinations of MLK, Malcolm X, Fred Hampton, and Emmit Till, --and experience first hand the explicit economic white supremacy many of us have talked about.

They were not alive during the holocaust. Matter of fact, everyone in my family that was alive then, are not here anymore. And I'm talking both sides of the family.

So...:idunno:

I firmly believe you're in this thread to use DeSean as a strawman for the way Brees was treated. 100% my opinion, rbye05. I think you care about defending anti-semitism as much as you care about DeSean. Perhaps I'm alone in that, but that's my opinion.
And still no proof. Just the feels. Ok got it

?? I'm confused. Both my parents were very much alive to attend segregated schools, the Ruby Bridges integration incident, get served at the back of restaurants, the assassinations of MLK, Malcolm X, Fred Hampton, and Emmit Till, --and experience first hand the explicit economic white supremacy many of us have talked about.

They were not alive during the holocaust. Matter of fact, everyone in my family that was alive then, are not here anymore.

So...:idunno:
They are old but are around

same reply
Well i didnt post in this thread at all till i saw some blatant anti semitism, so no it wasnt the powerful DeSean it was just the anti semitism. My first post in this thread actually referenced the word ghetto. Didnt even mention Desean till much later in the discussion and never mentioned Brees except to comment that you keep bringing him up.Once again your biases show and your assumptions are wrong.

Last edited:
same reply
Well i didnt post in this thread at all till i saw some blatant anti semitism, so no it wasnt the powerful DeSean it was just the anti semitism. My first post in this thread actually referenced the word ghetto. Didnt even mention Desean till much later in the discussion. Once again your biases show and your assumptions are wrong.

Well you just confirmed it. In your own words you didnt post in this thread until you saw some blatant anti-semitism. Well, you were quiet on a ton of anti-semitism threads before DeSean. Heck, You were quiet about Neo-Nazis and their sympathizers. I'd say all needles point to DeSean. Goodnight.

Well you just confirmed it. In your own words you didnt post in this thread until you saw some blatant anti-semitism. Well, you were quiet on a ton of anti-semitism threads before DeSean. Heck, You were quiet about Neo-Nazis and their sympathizers. I'd say all needles point to DeSean. Goodnight.
And still no proof. You never admitted you posted false info. Id say all needles point to bias. Goodnight

I would say that unless you're an Orthodox Jew, it's a lot more difficult to tell them apart from everyone else. I think were they not so blended into our society, you might see more instances of that happening. Iirc, that was one of the reasons Jews under German occupation were required to wear a patch identifying themselves during WWII.

That said, racism of any kind should be frowned upon and not acceptable.

Which explains how someone like Judah P Benjamin could rise so high in the confederate ranks. Which was full of KKK and other white supremacists people, whom I would think wouldn't think very highly of Jews.

And yet, there he was...almost literally a real life Clayton Bigsby. Note the title of this article.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom