N/S DeSean Jackson shares Anti-Semitic quotes attributed to Hitler on Instagram (1 Viewer)

Is he relevant? Does he still play?

Last edited:
Oh my, I'm not going to touch the Hitler stuff but historically there are both East Africans and African Americans that claim to be the "real" Jewish people. In the US , they call themselves the Hebrew Israelites and some Ethiopians claim they were the original Jews.

I don't see a point of sharing news about people showing the worst of themselves.

People don't listen, people don't understand. People are just don't open to change, and change is going to pass right in front of them.

if everything is as it seems, i have no problem with twitter suspending his account, him losing endorsements and getting suspended

it is noted that both nazi germany and stalinist/post-stalinist russia aimed at the racial divide when they sought to use "active measures" to exploit weaknesses in the black/white and black/jewish faultlines

in addition, hitler's view of anti-semitism are based mostly on the US eugenicist movement built mostly on ridiculously bad science takes on jim crow era race conditions

- so we white-americans might be cautioned to continue to work on getting the plank out of our own eyes, before...you know

Oh my, I'm not going to touch the Hitler stuff but historically there are both East Africans and African Americans that claim to be the "real" Jewish people. In the US , they call themselves the Hebrew Israelites and some Ethiopians claim they were the original Jews.

You're conflating two separate things here. The Ethiopian Jews (Beta Israel, as they are known) are recognized as part of mainstream Judaism and have mostly all immigrated to Israel over the past several decades.

The Black Hebrew Israelites* are an American-based extremist, anti-semitic (despite the name, they believe Jews to be satanic impostors who perverted the real Judaism that Africans created, a claim that has zero historical basis, obviously), and racist group that has been labeled as such by the Anti-Defamanation League and Southern Poverty Law Center.

*It should be noted that this is a catch-all term for a number of independent groups. Some are more extreme than others, as noted by the ADL and SPLC, but all are pretty fringe in their beliefs.

Last edited:
I hate to see Saints' players going on Twitter and running their mouths. I guess I grew up in a different time, but my NORD coach would have sat me on the bench if I trashed talked to other teams or about them. In fact, we one had a trash talker and he was "invited" to play for another park. Same thing for my junior high coach, he didn't tolerate that nonsense. Just shut up and let your play on the field do the talking, be happy you're in the NFL and making lots of money to play a sport.

You're conflating two separate things here. The Ethiopian Jews (Beta Israel, as they are known) are recognized as part of mainstream Judaism and have mostly all immigrated to Israel over the past several decades.

The Black Hebrew Israelites are an American-based extremist, anti-semitic (despite the name, they believe Jews to be satanic impostors who perverted the real Judaism that Africans created, a claim that has zero historical basis, obviously), and racist group that has been labeled as such by the Anti-Defamanation League and Southern Poverty Law Center.
I wasn't trying to equate the two, simply attempting to highlight a strand of thought in African Diaspora that identifies with Judaism. I can care less about how the ADL labels African-American groups, they don't think too highly about the Nation of Islam but most Black people think very highly of the NOI.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to equate the two, simply attempting to highlight a strand of thought in African Diaspora that identifies with Judaism. I can care less about how the ADL labels African-American groups, the don't think too highly about the Nation of Islam but most Black people think very highly of the NOI.

They don't think too highly about the Nation of Islam because the Nation of Islam is an extremist anti-Semitic hate group.

in addition, hitler's view of anti-semitism are based mostly on the US eugenicist movement built mostly on ridiculously bad science takes on jim crow era race conditions
Hitler used the "science" behind that movement to push the agenda, but representing that as the base of his view of anti-semitism is not accurate at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom