N/S: DeSean Jackson (WR, Cal) enters draft. (1 Viewer)

If we hit some homeruns on Defense in FA, I would not mind him at 10. He would solve our mediocre return woes and would easily fill our #2 WR spot that is currently vacant.

This will put fear into many of us Saints fans of them taking a WR at #10. :ezbill:
Now that Laurinaitis and Jenkins among others have decided to return to school, we may go BPA. A pick of DeSean Jackson, Limas Sweed, Rashard Mendenhall or any other offensive skill player we don't really need, is only acceptable if we sign at least 3 defensive starters in free agency. We then have to go defense with at least 5 picks. That is the only situation that can justify an offensive selection not on the line in the first round.

I would love Jackson, and would love to see Colston, Meachem, Jackson and Patten as Drew's shotgun set. He is also the kick returner we have been crying out for to get Lance Moore out of there. I hope we get it straight that if we have not signed said starters in free agency, we simply cannot afford to waste a first rounder, which could potentially bring in a player to build a defense around, which is essentially what we need. Fujita and Harper aren't those kind of players. I think our front office and scouting team are paid to realise this and took Meachem last year because he was the highest player left on our draft board. Our draft board this year will feature defense predominantly, and I trust our organization enough to know that.

pick up a good/great lb/cb in FA and i'd love him at 10
then draft defense from 2-7 rounds

and hes the pr/kr weapon we need because reggie obviously isn't getting that duty

But you don't take him in the Top 10. If we trade down, maybe.

true, i wouldn't mind trading down
i don't think desean would get pas car though, honestly
thats just me, though they are fresh at rookie wr i just see them getting desean, may be stupid, but idk :shrug:

it would actually be good to trade down, then we could get something and still get a weapon, and still have 6 rounds for defense

I'd trade down anyway... the only guy worth a pick at #10 (that will be available anyway) is Golston, Phillips, and maybe Rivers... I'd trade w/Dallas and get their 2 1st rounders and throw in a 5th... we could get Jackson with the 1st #1 and get a guy like Antoine Cason or Talib with the 2nd.

The best thing that happened for us was for all of the RBs to declare... now everybody will think they can get the next Adrian Peterson... which will start the landslide of CBs.

His 40 time will determine exactly how high he goes. If he runs a legitimate 4.3, he will be a top 15 pick.

I'd trade down anyway... the only guy worth a pick at #10 (that will be available anyway) is Golston, Phillips, and maybe Rivers... I'd trade w/Dallas and get their 2 1st rounders and throw in a 5th... we could get Jackson with the 1st #1 and get a guy like Antoine Cason or Talib with the 2nd.

The best thing that happened for us was for all of the RBs to declare... now everybody will think they can get the next Adrian Peterson... which will start the landslide of CBs.

No way the cowboys give up both their 1st round picks for our 10th and our 5th

you must be insane

If i was Jerry Jones, i wouldn't let those picks go anything under a 3rd round

No way the cowboys give up both their 1st round picks for our 10th and our 5th

you must be insane

If i was Jerry Jones, i wouldn't let those picks go anything under a 3rd round

Word is they want Kenny Phillips... how bad do they want him?

The Cowpatties own the #s 22 and 29 picks respectively... and according to this draft chart (LINK)... our 10th pick is worth 1300... and their picks are combined 1420 total points... we may need to throw in a player to complete that deal because a 5th is only like 37 points... so I was wrong... but not insane...

I thought we wanted Kenny Phillips pretty bad, too???? While I wouldn't mind getting both of Dallas' first round picks, I still think it is going to be best determined by how we do in FA. I'd love nothing more than to see us throw some serious high offers at Briggs and Trufant and have one or both signed within the first day of FA. I think this would show a HUGE sign to everyone else we are committed to improving and won't be passed over again. We'd take care of two major needs and give us the flexibility to go BPA at #10 or have the luxury of trading back if someone is determined to be a reach. In short, unless one of the DTs falls to us, we start listening to offers.

I don't want another WR taken in the first round. We've got one that hasn't seen the field yet. It makes no sense to have all that money tied up into two first round picks and then have a HUGE contract with Colston. I'd rather we bring Meachem into the mix, re-sign Patten, pay Colston and pick up a FA WR who can play the #3/4 spot for a LOT less than what a first round pick is going to cost us. Face it, Colston and Meachem are going to be here for a LONG time and adding another first rounder isn't going to sit happy with being #2 at best on this team, knowing that the guy taken the year before didn't make a splash. We can always re-sign Copper or Moore at #4 pay or atleast make an offer and see who bites. I don't think either of those guys are going to offered #1/2 money by another team and everyone knows we throw the ball, so what WR wouldn't want to play here??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom