N/S did romeo crennel get canned (1 Viewer)

jarrod74

I may be canadian but my heart is in the Big Easy
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just saw the texans promoted Mike Verable to DC when they can romeo and why?

Guess his contract expired

Vrabel is the new defensive coordinator. Romeo Crennel will be assistant head coach pending contract renewal. Not official yet regarding Romeo.

Crennel is like 75% hydrogenated oil and saturated fats.

There was no need to can him.

He'll keep.

I believe they promoted to Crennel the front office or assistant HC so that could promote Verifable to DC to keep from losing him to another team who was wanting to promote him.IMHO i think the Texans thought he was to good of a coach to lose.

I believe they promoted to Crennel the front office or assistant HC so that could promote Verifable to DC to keep from losing him to another team who was wanting to promote him.IMHO i think the Texans thought he was to good of a coach to lose.

Then they should pay him more if they value him. That's a strange move.

I believe Crennel was close to retiring, and is likely done next year or so. It's likely not a step down position, but a less active role for a guy that's close to calling it a career. Believe he's about to hit 70 years old. And it was either promote Vrabel or lose him, so they probably called them in and had a unanimous agreement.

I believe Crennel was close to retiring, and is likely done next year or so. It's likely not a step down position, but a less active role for a guy that's close to calling it a career. Believe he's about to hit 70 years old. And it was either promote Vrabel or lose him, so they probably called them in and had a unanimous agreement.

If he is about to hit 70, it's definitely time to retire. :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom