N/S Discussion - Mike Alstott HOF? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alstott was a mediocre blocker. Lorenzo Neal is much more deserving if we're talking about fullbacks going.

Westbrook is a guy that creates serious matchup issues b/c you don't know what package to put on the field to defend him. That's why his rec numbers factor in.

Alstott was a guy who ran up most of his numbers at tailback, often behind another guy playing fullback. He was a solid player, not an incredible one, and no where near a hall of famer.

It's like me saying Mike Vrabel is a hall of famer because his TD numbers blow other LBs out the park.

this man knows what he's talking about...

plus he beat me in fantasy football, so it's hard for me to admit he's right about anything :angryrazz:

Alstott should never even sniff the HOF. He wasn't a great blocking fullback if we're trying to put him in as a fullback, and he wasn't a great halfback outside the 5 yard line if we're trying to put him in as a halfback. He made all those Pro Bowls because Chris Berman loved making his battering ram noises on Sportscenter every week when Alstott got carries, not because he was anything outstanding. I think he had a very good career and I'm sure he's a great guy, but he isn't a hall of famer. Only the most exceptional should get in, and that makes it even harder for fullbacks because they don't put up stats. Larry Centers is the only guy I can think of recently that has a chance.

It also took him 12 years to get those stats. He has been inefective the last several years. He has had some good games against the Saints, but that doesn't make him an NFL HOFer. I wil agree with the yucks HOF though.

No not even close. I can name many tons of FULLBACKS better than him. One happens to play for the saints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom