N/S Do you think Pete Carroll is Fired This Offseason? (1 Viewer)

Does Seattle fire Pete Carroll this offseason or give him a pass?

• Total voters
Sorry, but I don't want the Saints to be like the Yankees and sign old guys more than their value to win/lose the same from a younger prospect. QB is not our sole issue on offense and I dont think Wilson at 33, 34 next year is worth bringing here. Wilson is not playing into his 40s like Brees, Brady, etc. I give Wilson 3-4 years more before he retires. Winston has better value for worth from his age standpoint IF he is fully back from recovery. He should still be learning the offense so if Winston is back next year, you go with Winston.
Russ just said he wants to play 10 more years just last week. We will be just fine with Russ. I don’t care if he only plays 5 with us and gives us just 1 championship. I’m not greedy

Sorry, but I don't want the Saints to be like the Yankees and sign old guys more than their value to win/lose the same from a younger prospect. QB is not our sole issue on offense and I dont think Wilson at 33, 34 next year is worth bringing here. Wilson is not playing into his 40s like Brees, Brady, etc. I give Wilson 3-4 years more before he retires. Winston has better value for worth from his age standpoint IF he is fully back from recovery. He should still be learning the offense so if Winston is back next year, you go with Winston.
I am a Winston fan believe me . He made lemonade with some sour lemons after leaving pro bowl receivers in TB. I don't think he gets enough credit. His best receiver was a kick returner, that should give him all the support he deserves and I think SP seen that. If SP adds weapons and gives defenses a reason to fear us again, he could achieve more success than people are giving him credit for.

Wilson is intriguing. People honestly don't know how much of his declining play is injury related or age related, they are just guessing.

Russ just said he wants to play 10 more years just last week. We will be just fine with Russ. I don’t care if he only plays 5 with us and gives us just 1 championship. I’m not greedy
Drew also wanted to play 10 more years. Father time is what prevents that. With Russ being a scrambler, he won't make it to 40 years playing.

I am used to seeing him with that college rah rah Pom Pom excitement chewing that piece of gum like he is abusing it, now he just looks exhausted

I am just using this as an excuse to put this here

pete-carroll.gif

I think he will be gently told that retirement is a good option. The season alone would not run him off. But if they think they have a chance to preserve their QB relationship, that and the fact that Pete is getting very old would make this a no brainer

Russ to New Orleans 2022. He wants no part of a new regime and he wants out of the city of Seattle

Pete Carroll is 70 years old. And it seems that part of the problem with Russell is the coaching staff, that includes Pete's son as wide receivers coach, and yep, Carl Smith as Associate Head Coach. Not exactly the most looking forward attitude there.

Whoever is in charge of the Seahawks will have to make the easy decision in choosing the present (Wilson) over the past (Carroll). Russ should have a say in getting a new offensive minded coach to lead the reconstruction of the team.

I really don't see any chances of Russell Wilson moving out and going to New Orleans: we don't have the cap space to accommodate his contract, we don't have right the assets for a trade and more important, he will be the center piece of the reconstruction of the team in Seattle.

Pete Carroll is 70 years old. And it seems that part of the problem with Russell is the coaching staff, that includes Pete's son as wide receivers coach, and yep, Carl Smith as Associate Head Coach. Not exactly the most looking forward attitude there.

Whoever is in charge of the Seahawks will have to make the easy decision in choosing the present (Wilson) over the past (Carroll). Russ should have a say in getting a new offensive minded coach to lead the reconstruction of the team.

I really don't see any chances of Russell Wilson moving out and going to New Orleans: we don't have the cap space to accommodate his contract, we don't have right the assets for a trade and more important, he will be the center piece of the reconstruction of the team in Seattle.
I don’t worry about cap space. Loomis and Khai can figure that out, they always do. We do have the draft capital for it, especially if Russ says that he wants out and wants to play in New Orleans. Most of my Russ to New Orleans is wishful thinking, but that won’t stop me from speaking it into existence. I’ve seen crazier things happen

Jody Allen (Paul Allen's sister) now owns the team. Pete reports to her... and GM John Schneider reports to Pete. I'm certain that Jody, Pete and John will have a long talk after the season and collectively decide the future of the team.

Pete is uber-competitive. He won't want to exit the team after this year... no way. And my guess is Jody won't force him to retire out of allegiance to her brother's decision to hire Pete ten years ago. Pete and Russ return as does Shane Waldron. Ken Norton Jr. does not.

Pete's contract runs through 2025. The most logical new HC for Seattle starting in 2026 is Dan Quinn.

Last edited:
Drew also wanted to play 10 more years. Father time is what prevents that. With Russ being a scrambler, he won't make it to 40 years playing.
Drew didn’t make it to ten but he got to six if I’m remembering the year that training camp interview was from. I’d take six years of Russ on a condition.

What I don’t want is six years of a HOF QB saddled with a depleted defense because the money went to his salary and we have no draft picks left to fill the void. If there is some miracle way we can get Russ for a reasonable deal and not have to give up a ransom on picks/personnel, then sign me all the way up. Odds are, however, that this ain’t happening.

Given the reality of the situation, I’m great on Jameis being our QB1 and us loading up on offense via the draft.

Drew didn’t make it to ten but he got to six if I’m remembering the year that training camp interview was from. I’d take six years of Russ on a condition.

What I don’t want is six years of a HOF QB saddled with a depleted defense because the money went to his salary and we have no draft picks left to fill the void. If there is some miracle way we can get Russ for a reasonable deal and not have to give up a ransom on picks/personnel, then sign me all the way up. Odds are, however, that this ain’t happening.

Given the reality of the situation, I’m great on Jameis being our QB1 and us loading up on offense via the draft.
I agree with you and I have been saying all along the smart money is on Jameis returning where we don't have to give up any draft picks and we can use them on WR , TE and whatever else SP sees as needs. Not many people are seeing it , but I think we are going to get a tackle as well depending on what we do with Armstead. This may be his last hurrah

Wilson like I said is my "pipe dream". I want him badly, but three first rounders at his age is insane and that's why I still classify it as a pipe dream. Time will tell if Sea comes off the king's ransom

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom