N/S Dolphins new logo (1 Viewer)

did u see the weapons tannehill had to work with last year? he was working with 2 and 3s all year, it was a development year for tanne and still did decent. He had nothing but possession WRs who got very little seperation. Tannehill is about to surprise alot ppl, watch. and quite frankly, you should thank the dolphins for passin on brees and handing you guys a gift.

I thank Nick Saban.

Looks more like a Boeing 787 than a dolphin. Change for the sake of change...

Here comes another failed attempt to make a logo more intimidating. For God's sake - your mascot is a dolphin...why bother making your logo intimidating. Have some fun with it; there's nothing wrong with that.

Change for the sake of change...

No doubt. Another victim of the modern marketeers' obsession with making things just a little more extreme.

In fairness, though, the logos I've seen don't look that much different than the current, and aren't that out-of-control by contemporary standards.

Didn't Saban come out later and say that he DID want Brees but was overruled? I don't really buy it but I thought I did read that somewhere.

from saban
"We chose Drew Brees," he told LeBatard. "I've never ever talked about this publicly. That's the guy we made the first offer to. A lot of players know this. There was a lot of loyalty in the organization and players never talked about it."

from drew
Brees remembers it slightly differently. He discussed the episode in his 2010 autobiography "Coming Back Stronger." As Sports Illustrated's Peter King recounts it:

Brees had significant interest on the table from the Saints. But he wanted to find out if Saban had the same faith in him that (Sean) Payton and Mickey Loomis had in New Orleans. So Brees picked up the phone and called Saban, who told him the Miami team doctors believed Brees had a 25 percent chance to come back and be the same quarterback, or better, that he'd been before the shoulder surgery.

According to the book, Brees said to Saban: "Coach, I know what your doctors believe about me. My question is, what do you believe?''

Wrote Brees: "Nick Saban paused. That was really all I needed to hear. His pause told me everything. 'Well, Drew,' he said, 'I would still love to have you, but I have to trust what our medical people are saying ...' He went on from there, like he was reading from a script. But I was starting to tune out. By then I had all the information I needed. I had made my decision.''

Brees told Saban thanks, and he'd be going to New Orleans, even though telling Saban that might kill his negotiating position with the Saints.

As Brees told me, "The impression I get from the Dolphins was I should feel lucky they were even looking at me. It just wasn't a welcoming feeling.''

Y! SPORTS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom