N/S Don Shula Passes Away At 90 (1 Viewer)

That's a shame. RIP.

By the way, you can see him coaching a player on the second video from 1967 that Andrus posted.

Godspeed coach & RIP.. a very early in life role model to my introduction to football.. Those Dolphin teams of his.. smh.. helluva' coach!

NW.

That’s sad. He was the first coach that I recognized and respected. As a Saints fan since birth it wasn’t until Mora got here that I saw a coach who knew what they were doing, and Shula certainly knew what he was doing. He wasn’t just great at coaching players, but he was great at being a human being. Peace be unto him and his family.

Maybe the best at shaping great schemes/systems around his players .... When he had Czonka, Kiick and Mercury Morris - they ran the ball with Bob Griese at QB. ... When they had Marino, the Marks Brothers (Duper, Clayton) and Nat Moore, they passed the ball. RIP to one of the best ever.

Last edited:
Sad. He was a great coach. He and Landry and Lombardi defined the early years for me. One of the reasons I can't stand Jerry Jones is because of what he did to Landry. RIP, coach.

Sad. He was a great coach. He and Landry and Lombardi defined the early years for me. One of the reasons I can't stand Jerry Jones is because of what he did to Landry. RIP, coach.

This^^^^^^^
I can't stand Jerrah for the same reason. Landry didn't deserve that fate.
RIP to both Shula and Landry, plus all the others that have passed on.

RIP to a coach that performed miracles with teams that no other coach could have done anything with.

The No Name defense was made up of a bunch of outcasts and discards from other teams but put together they were a huge part of one of the greatest teams ever assembled.

Shula was a legend!!

I have always loved the Saints but I have always had a special respect for Shula/Marino back in the day. I still can't stand Miami with the way they treated them on their exit. It was so bittersweet for me when Drew passed on Miami to come home to the Saints. Love ya Coach Shula, RIP!

Kinda cool that Shula didn't live to see anyone ever break his perfect season record.
So that opens the door for the Saints to do it this season. That's if football is still on. :covri:

One of the GOATs. Ive mentioned before his namely easily could have been on the Lombardi had the playoff format been back then what it is today.

Some things most people dont know about Shula:
  • He played under Paul brown as a backup DB and returned one kick for the 11-1 Browns
  • He also played for the Colts in their first NFL season
  • He had 21 career interceptions

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom