N/S D'Onta Foreman cut by Texans (1 Viewer)

They think it was due to Bill O’Brian being unhappy with Foreman’s work habits and attitude. The Texans don’t exactly have a surplus of talent at the RB spot, so for them to release Foreman is a major red flag.
With that said, he is a talented kid, and perhaps a change of scenery and coaches could light a fire under him and get him on the right path.

They think it was due to Bill O’Brian being unhappy with Foreman’s work habits and attitude. The Texans don’t exactly have a surplus of talent at the RB spot, so for them to release Foreman is a major red flag.
With that said, he is a talented kid, and perhaps a change of scenery and coaches could light a fire under him and get him on the right path.

Possibly so. Definitely worth bringing him in to see.

Sounds like the same reason Payton let Pittman go in 2007 and kept P. Thomas. I doubt Payton will approve his signing

Hey it can't hurt to bring him in for a look. What do. you think?? LOL

I was at the Costco here in Spring, TX the other day talking with a “die hard” Texans fan, and he told me that Foreman was going to take over the starting running back spot. This is shocking to say the least.

I was at the Costco here in Spring, TX the other day talking with a “die hard” Texans fan, and he told me that Foreman was going to take over the starting running back spot. This is shocking to say the least.

There was a lot of buzz from the media and talking heads about Foreman taking the reigns this season as the Texans’ lead RB. I believe that was mostly due to the lack of other talented RBs in their group. Lamar Miller is the best they have, and he’s nothing special. FWIW, the Texans coaching staff were not the ones claiming Foreman was poised to take over.

I could see the Bucs and/or the Panthers taking a look at Foreman.

One must remember, this is the same guy that started Tom Savage over Watson to start his rookie year. His coaching decisions are questionable at best. Worth a look I would say. Can't be any worse than that Falcons guy we brought in

Most "lazy" or "uncoachable" athletes realize what they've lost after they're no longer allowed to compete, at least at some point. Unfortunately, that typically doesn't come at the next stop. They're still in the "misunderstood" mode. Some never leave it.

This is surprising. For them to cut him this early in camp speaks volumes. They just wanted him out of the building. Foreman was supposed to take over as a feature back after being drafted in the 3rd round two years ago. Now he's a 23 year old free agent with a lot of talent and a bad work ethic and injury history.

He’s not an overly talented NFL back. He has benefited from being the guy behind Lamar Miller. Everyone in Houston wants to see someone replace Miller and Foreman was anointed. Houston media guy John McClain said his release was due to work ethic. McClain is very much dialed in to the Texans. While the rest of the media has been touting Foreman, Bill O’Brien has been quick to tell people that the #2 RB position is wide open. Foreman competing for #1 was fabricated. So we have an average, maybe barely above average prospect, coming off of an Achilles, who doesn’t put the effort in, when the door appears wide open for him. I’ll pass. He’s a direct conflict to the kind of hunger and ethic The Saints conduct themselves with.

I'd definitely be interested in bringing him in for a look. Would love for it to be a redo of the Arian Foster situation.

That's all well and fine but this guy isn't in the same league as Arian Foster!

Who could have predicted that the "bring him in for a look" crowd would jump on this one?............:rolleyes:

I like the new UT coach and players. But since Mack Brown's 3rd year, UT football became Prima Donna U. Those were exceptionally talented underperforming players, most driving BMWs. Uhh - how does that work??? There seemed to be an exception with the DBs but that was a personal pride among the UT DB players.

I became Coach Darrel Royals morning golf buddy. We were not tight friends. He drove in his cart I drove in mine. He always got the 1st T time and we played in under 2-hours, that was one of Coaches demands. We seldom talked, except for a few "Nice shots." After a few years, Coach occasionally opened up to me. He was furious at the lack of discipline and the way the players were being pampered under Mack Brown post Y2. Coach Royal did not complain much about things, but this one really got him going. He thought it was a disgrace to UT football.

Foreman came from the Prima Donna U era. I will bet his work habits and conditioning and attitude suck, We don't want him near this Saints team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom