N/S Doug Williams is out in Tampa (1 Viewer)

midlineveer

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
As per Profootballtalk.com Doug Williams will leave tampa.

I'd like to be the first to give the old Saints Report Battle Cry.

"Make it Happen Loomis!"

If I am not mistaken he has at least 6 years in so he would not be a RFA. A little up in age and he makes Jamarcus Russell look anorexic but he has a Superbowl pedigree. Surely he's not as old as Mark Brunell, and if he is I know he has to move better in the pocket. :covri:

Dude's 54 :smilielol:

DougWilliams.jpg

Pat Kirwin on Sirius today said that he wouldn't be surprised if Williams gets a job with the Redskins. Bruce Allen was the one who brought him into the job in Tampa originally and now Allen is in Washington. It makes sense for Williams to get a similar front office job in Washington now.

He is big enough to play NT, I'm just say'n.

Greg and SP love versatile players, he can B/U Drew and get snaps in the DT rotation all while helping the front office in player evaluation.

I went to Grambling and was there a bit while he coached. I'll let you know, his neck > Harper's neck.

*puts on flame suit*

Are you talking about Wash. OLD QB? in 1988 he won superbowl with the redskins.

"Crybaby" Doug...."It's my team (sob, sob)....it's my team." As he cried to the reporters in Washington when he was replaced for stinkin' it up.
Geaux Saints!!

I went to Grambling and was there a bit while he coached. I'll let you know, his neck > Harper's neck.

*puts on flame suit*

Whoa, slow down there chief. Let's not say anything that we might regret later. *glances nervously towards Harper's Neck*

(Harper's Neck would be a great fictional town name.)

Used to love Doug and the Bucco' Bruce orange machine.
The Bucs were on the verge of being a great team with guys like Gary Anderson, Jimmy Giles, the Selmon Brothers....(it was OK to like them cuz' they weren't division rivals)....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom