N/S Draft News DeSean Jackson WR Cal (1 Viewer)

I thought I saw 4.27

I think it was Dexter Jackson from Apalachian State that ran the 4.27.

I would say that Caldwell helped himself. Will Franklin helped himself. James Hardy helped himself, probably solidified himself in the 1st rd with a 4.47.

Manningham probably hurt himself. I think he ran a 4.60. Slow start. Update: Manningham just ran his 2nd 40. Results: 1st run - 4.59, 2nd run - 4.62. The question isn't whether he ran himself out of the 1st round, but whether he ran himself out of the 2nd. He looks like a speed guy without the speed.

Devin Thomas of Mich.St looks like he made himself some money. Ran a 4.32 and a 4.34.

Last edited:
I'm not turned off, I still like the player, but the 32 NFL franchises will be turned off.

That's just how it is. Recievers who are 5'9 or so don't go in the first round. At least not the early first round. Sinorice Moss (2nd round), Steve Smith Carolina (3rd round), I think Lee Evans is probably the shortest 1st rounder in awhile (5-10, #13 overall). DeSean Jackson may run a phenomenal 40 time and get some consideration but the fact is, sitting at 5-9, he's likely going to slide.

Hey, I think it's a good thing. If the guy is really a first rounder, but you can get him in the second round? You did your homework and lucked out. The teams that evaluate talent the best and make the best choices will thrive in this league. If the other teams in the league make mistakes, then that just equals opportunity for your team.

For example, what if another team did a better job in evaluating Colston and took him before us? Colston probably would be a first rounder right now if it was redone today. How lucky were we that we got him in the 7th? In that specific case, we were probably just pretty lucky. However if you can consistantly take advantage of other team's mistakes, you're going to win a lot of games.

Now if you feel like your specific team is evaluating talent poorly, then hey, you might have a gripe. But personally, I think it's a good thing every time the other 31 teams make a mistake on a player (as long as they aren't an LSU player.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom