N/S Draft related interesting fact about Frank Okam (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
First as we all know he is lazy. He has Elite size at 6'5 and 320 LBS. IF someone can put a foot up his ( well we all know) then he can play like a beast. All commonly know facts.

I just read this while sitting on the can. Pro football Draft magazine states that he is pretty intelligent. He's taken his entrance exam into law school. While he may play a couple of years, it looks like he wants to be a lawyer. This is a big risk reward. If he doesn't really want to play football, he will be a lawyer.

I know this is nothing really special... just wanted to pass some information

I could have done without the visual of you sitting on the can reading about Frank Okam.

I think team's will stay away from him, but if we could get him in the 5th or 6th with Ed Orgeron coaching him I think we could motivate him and get a great steal there.
We run a rotation anyway so it's no big deal if a 5th or 6th rounder doesn't fit.

Not exactly a glowing recommendation. I don't know much about him, but:

"First as we all know he is lazy." OK, not good.

"He's taken his entrance exam into law school. While he may play a couple of years, it looks like he wants to be a lawyer. " Not good.

He would rather be a lawyer than a football player, he may play a couple of years. A couple of years? Not good.

And we would want him because?

ddd

"He's taken his entrance exam into law school. While he may play a couple of years, it looks like he wants to be a lawyer. " Not good.

He would rather be a lawyer than a football player, he may play a couple of years. A couple of years? Not good.

ddd
We would want him because he was great at Texas until his senior year when he had trouble with his work ethic. Before he decided to stay in school last year he was a top 10 pick. There are no doubts that he is extremely talented, he just needs a good coach and to lose some weight. If we can get him in shape and Orgeron can get him fired up he would be a great starter at NT who should be around when we pick in the 5th and probably the 6th round

ddd

Who said we wanted him?

he's a "sleeper" pick.. as stated, if he came out as a jr , he'd have been a top 10 draft pick at dt..
if we can get him motivated for football, although track record hasn't been too good as of late getting guys motivated to play. he'd be a steal at 2 or 3rd round if he's motivated.
in the video last year of him, he was pulling things that i'd never seen before, untill seeing dorseys vid.. granted dorsey is still a big step beyond him. not trying to go there.
but if we can't get dorsey/ellis.. okam would be much better than say a sims, or balmer IMHO, he can do the same thing that steve young did.. finishing law school while in the NFL.
He can have a successfull law career post football when he's 33-35..

he's a "sleeper" pick.. as stated, if he came out as a jr , he'd have been a top 10 draft pick at dt..
if we can get him motivated for football, although track record hasn't been too good as of late getting guys motivated to play. he'd be a steal at 2 or 3rd round if he's motivated.
in the video last year of him, he was pulling things that i'd never seen before, untill seeing dorseys vid.. granted dorsey is still a big step beyond him. not trying to go there.
but if we can't get dorsey/ellis.. okam would be much better than say a sims, or balmer IMHO, he can do the same thing that steve young did.. finishing law school while in the NFL.
He can have a successfull law career post football when he's 33-35..

Awesome, that means in about 10 years someones gonna have a thread that starts out like "Saw Frank Okam today, he was my lawyer in a DUI case."

Perfect.

If the kid decided to get serious about football he could be a
Haynesworth type tackle. The guy supposedly is unstoppable when he
plays hard.(He is massive)

Do we really need another DT that doesn't always play hard and has a weight problem? Remind you of anyone?

If he is there in the 5th and we don't take him, I'm going to throw my television across the room. He has all the talent you look for in a NT. We just need our Rajun Cajun Orgeron to light a fire under his ***.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom