N/S Eagles are about to feel the wrath of goodell - LSU's russel shepard involved (merged) (4 Viewers)

Goodell is probably thinking the Saints organization must have a hand in this suspend there coach for another year... that will teach them.

Doesn't Shepard know that you can't pull this kinda stuff unless your father and brother played in the league?

Nothing about it on ESPN.com yet. This sucks. I feel like when the whole bounty thing went down the major media swarmed upon the Saints like a bunch of vultures, and kept kicking the team while they were down for months.

Nothing will happen. Teams are allowed to begin making contact in the 5th round to set up visits and negotiate. Had another team chosen him he'd belong to that team. I promise you he didn't "sign" with them before the end of the draft. He probably agreed to terms, but he was there for any other team to take.

lol you beat me too it...im like this is missing a "Gate"

Draft Gate..

UDFA Gate

:scratch:

Sheepgate?

Considering that Shepherd went to school in Louisiana Im sure this will get serious media attention and require major sanctions from Goodell.

:aargh:

Just like the guy with the Chargers last year that went to the Colts. It's not like teams tried to draft him. Nothing really to see here other than a dumb comment.

He didn't "take himself off the board" to be a UDFA anymore than Geno Smith told teams to pass on him until the Jets took him. Other teams didn't have him on the board, otherwise, they'd have picked him.

As posted earlier post 5th round teams set up UDFA visits, all the other teams were calling about was UDFA visits, not picking him. They don't need consent to pick a scrub 6th round through UDFA.

If it doesn't protect the league from lawsuits or make the league more appealing to new customers (women), there is no reason for the NFL to do anything. So they won't.

I almost died when I read this

imrip says:Apr 30, 2013 11:38 PMI think the Eagles should be given a stern warning.. and then Sean Payton should be suspended for 4 game since he had to have known about the early signing given his proximity to LSU. And if he didn’t know, he should have.

Talk about your pr guy dropping the ball. Boy doesn't even know that he's ratting his team out. I'd hate to be him the next day in the locker room.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom