N/S Eagles are about to feel the wrath of goodell - LSU's russel shepard involved (merged) (4 Viewers)

Guys, this was just an issue about personnel. It's not as if they were trying to play football or something.

Even if he actually put pen to paper before the draft ended, what does it matter? That contract wouldn't mean anything had another team selected him in the draft.

I'm not sure why you are so defensive. Russell Shepperd fan? Overly sensitive LSU fan?

It's against the rules to sign an UDFA contract before the draft is over. Period. Just like you can't sign regular free agents before free agency starts.

If he did actually put pen to paper beforehand (doubtful, but that's the allegation), then yes, it was against the rules. I'm guessing Russell is just too stupid to say what he actually meant. That they agreed to terms through negotiation before the draft was over.

I doubt anything serious will happen as a result of this. There isn't a class-action lawsuit by thousands of former players regarding draft violations.

P.S. This LSU draft class is officially the dumbest in NFL history.
This! :covri: The whole team has the same clock management/timing issue that HC Miles has for sure.

Oh finally they are talking about it on ESPN. 20 minutes into NFL Live. Per John Clayton, "No substantial penalty coming to Eagles." Sounds like just a small fine from league maybe for Eagles. Doesn't expect Chip Kelly to get penalized either.

Oh finally they are talking about it on ESPN. 20 minutes into NFL Live. Per John Clayton, "No substantial penalty coming to Eagles." Sounds like just a small fine from league maybe for Eagles. Doesn't expect Chip Kelly to get penalized either.

So I guess the moral of the story is fabrication > actual caught in the act cheating?

Sounds like the young man was trying to save face. "I was not drafted because I wanted to pick my team. Not because no one felt I was worth a pick."

way too heavy.....Goodell is a good man. He jumped the gun for sure, should've waited til all the info came in.

You have got to use some smilies or something to let people know you're being sarcastic...

It's a non-issue for the NFL because the NFL isn't being sued for "phone" related injuries. Had it not been for the concussion lawsuit the Saints would likely have been handled in the same manner. Fine and strongly worded letter... Shameful double standard if you ask me.

This really did get blown out of proportion here on this board.

I just think the kid miss spoke.. he made up his mind and agreed with chip kelly to go to the eagles, so in his mind he 'signed' with the eagles already.

I am not going to read the entire thread, but I did hear the actual interview on the radio...
I believe that he may have just been using that LSU education (I am guessing he did not go to class to much)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom