N/S Eagles are about to feel the wrath of goodell - LSU's russel shepard involved (merged) (1 Viewer)

AT&T should be punished. They might not have know the phone call took place but they should have know and should have stopped it. Ok suspend their GM until the trade deadline passes the head coach and assistant head coach. A couple picks. And sign an extension to coach in that horrible stadium with the worst fans

suspend the head coach for a season , suspend the scouts indefinitely , suspend the player for a season..

The NCAA has announced that they will be investigating who is paying for Russell Shepard's apartment while he's at training camp.

Huh.

Slap on the wrist?

A stern talking too?

Exactly, nothing will happen to them. They are a big market team, I would bet a year's paycheck that they don't lose any picks because of this.

There might be a small, and I mean small, fine to the organization but Goodell saves his anger for the Saints, Hell we didn't even do what they accused us of and got the worst punishment ever handed down in sports history!

I doubt anything serious will happen as a result of this. There isn't a class-action lawsuit by thousands of former players regarding draft violations.

P.S. This LSU draft class is officially the dumbest in NFL history.

Yeah... there is not oodles of money on the line so I suspect there will be swift yet lacking punishment of this and Shep will be called into a room and firmly reprimanded, not for actually committing the infraction but for talking about this with the press.. Basically... "kid, you need to recant this and just keep your mouth shut.".

Also, I liked Shep... he always worked hard as a player (and even when he was a recruit) to bring recruits to LSU. He bled purple and gold, and I was hoping more than anything that he could maybe pull a few seasons of ST work in the pros, get taken under a coaches wing to learn the ropes and come back to LSU as a assistant coach some day. HOWEVER this sort of display makes me think we need to keep him as far away from the program as possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom