N/S Eagles: Nnamdi restructure or get released (merged) (1 Viewer)

would depend on how high he values himself and if he'd take less to play under RR again and compete for a championship.

I don't see Phili releasing him, more of a scare tactic. IF he does get released, and by chance makes a trip to NO (which I also don't think will happen) then we will at least make an offer.

Could be a good guy to push ours, and we definitely need the depth

I think he's still good. You don't go from being the best corner in the league along with Revis a couple of years ago to a 30 year old washed-up player. It's not like he's a RB or had a significant injury. Best guess is that the scheme was the problem in Philly (as was the case with our entire secondary).
Anyway, is it possible to think that, if he's released and pockets 4 mil (as PFT suggested) this year, that he could agree to a 2 mil deal in his first year here and then receive a larger sum the next?
I think it would be a good power move.

I said it in another thread. I watched Julio jobs torch him all game last season. I don't want to see that 2x a year. Heck no

I watched Champ Bailey get torched in the past postseason... it happens. And Champ is much older than Nnamdi.

Too rich for our blood.

Not often that I'll say this, but I hope you're wrong, Chuck.

:gosaints:

I said it in another thread. I watched Julio jobs torch him all game last season. I don't want to see that 2x a year. Heck no

Last year he was in a zone defense. Did you forget how much of a lock down corner he was in Oakland?

He isn't worth the money he is going to ask. He had one really good season, 2006, and the rest of them were, meh. He gets one to no interceptions per year, except 06 where he got 8, and a few years ago he got 3. Other than that he possibly was running on rep, where teams would not throw his side. That ended last year where he was being targeted. He did match his best tackling year last year with 55.

He may have just been exposed last year...the numbers look mediocre, if you take away 06.

Last year he was in a zone defense. Did you forget how much of a lock down corner he was in Oakland?
No no no no. I personally saw some 5-6 eagles game, and many times it was clear he was in man coverage, and he would get burnt more times than not. He couldn't press, he was slow and couldn't locate the ball. If you can bring me solid data the eagles played ONLY zone D all season then i'll gladly say i could have been wrong, but till that moment, we have already too many useless dbs on our team.

We, possibly, need to see his pass defenses stats against the league to see where he really stands. Not really outstanding in other areas.

no, but he's older now dude. I live in the Philly market. They didnt just keep him in zone all game. They lined him man a BUNCH of times. Only to get turned into burnt toast...A BUNCH of times

I don't know, he's stunk it up pretty bad in Philly the last 2 years, and it's clear to any team that runs a zone defense that he's a poor fit...

Man....i just watched the whole tape of all of Nnamdi snaps against Fitzgerald last year.

Nnamdi Asomugha vs Larry Fitzgerald Week 3 2012 - YouTube

The guy can still play corner. The one gaff that happend when fitzgerald scored the TD wasn't even on him. He was expecting safety help and the guy stepped up to stop the run.

You could see them jawing on the sidelines. Nnamdi is a very intelligent guy...u can tell. I would be delighted if he got cut and we signed him to say a 2 year contract.

No no no no. I personally saw some 5-6 eagles game, and many times it was clear he was in man coverage, and he would get burnt more times than not. He couldn't press, he was slow and couldn't locate the ball. If you can bring me solid data the eagles played ONLY zone D all season then i'll gladly say i could have been wrong, but till that moment, we have already too many useless dbs on our team.

I think he was more disinterested. He also isn't the burner he once was so its going to be imperative that there is good safety play behind him.
With that being said....

P rob has 4.4 speed and still gets burned so blah.

Could he come in and cover the bigger receivers in this division? Yes. The Vincent Jacksons, ect ect. These guys are 6'2-6'5 and our tallest corner is 5'11. Yes corey white is listed as 6'0 but hes closer to 5'11.

He isn't worth the money he is going to ask. He had one really good season, 2006, and the rest of them were, meh. He gets one to no interceptions per year, except 06 where he got 8, and a few years ago he got 3. Other than that he possibly was running on rep, where teams would not throw his side. That ended last year where he was being targeted. He did match his best tackling year last year with 55.

He may have just been exposed last year...the numbers look mediocre, if you take away 06.

So all the other 31 NFL teams just randomly decided to not throw his way....just because? No.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom